The Electoral Commission have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Manager - Maternity Cover to join the team.
Salary: £47,261 per annum
Job Type: Full-time, Fixed Term Contract until 31 October 2022
Learning Manager - The Role:
We are looking for an education expert to lead work to develop and rollout educational materials on the democratic process.
You'll support the Head of Digital Communications and Learning to implement the Electoral Commission's new learning strategy, identifying opportunities, planning, and then leading education projects.
In collaboration with our Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland teams, you'll work to promote greater consistency in political education, increase political knowledge and understanding amongst young people, and increase educators' confidence and understanding of politics. You'll work with teacher consultants to produce education resources, ensuring the needs and voices of young people are at their heart. You'll also develop teacher training resources to share best practise and practical learning that can be used in the classroom.
Working in partnership with other national organisations you'll also co-create resources to support people who currently don't engage in our democratic process to take part.
The Electoral Commission is the independent body that regulates political campaign finance, sets standards for well-run elections and works to promote public confidence in the democratic process.
Learning Manager - Key Responsibilities:
You'll be the Electoral Commission's expert in all aspects of delivering learning projects and developing education resources. You'll have experience of helping to shape learning strategies. You'll also have managed education projects, and have significant experience producing accurate, high quality education resources which are audience-led.
You'll be a change maker, with gravitas and significant influencing skills to challenge and work constructively with all staff, including senior managers. You'll influence cultural and operational change, and work to ensure we meet exceptionally high standards and continue to adapt.
Consultation will be crucial to the successful development of our education programmes, and you'll need to be committed to working in partnership with educationalists, education organisations, and other national partners supporting groups which aren't registered to vote, to ensure our approach is fit-for-purpose for a wide variety of learning settings. In addition, you will have a strong appreciation of the political environment in which the Commission works.
Learning Manager - You:
- Good first degree or equivalent experience
- Teaching qualification, Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), or equivalent experience
- Experience of devising learning strategies and programmes
- Significant experience developing resources and/ or 'content' that meets users' learning needs and takes account of leading-edge practice in formal and informal education settings
- Experience of managing learning projects and/ or programmes
- Experience of establishing and implementing initiatives to innovate, evaluate and continuously improve learning initiatives and gain others' support for these
- Experience of procuring and managing agencies and other suppliers, including managing performance and resolving issues
- Experience of ensuring value for money and the effective management of budgets
- Experience of writing briefings and delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Learning Manager - What we offer:
We offer excellent terms and conditions, including flexible working hours and the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements (dependent on scheme rules) which include a valuable range of benefits.
The closing date for applications is Monday 17 January, 2022 at 23:59.
To submit your application for this exciting Learning Manager opportunity, please click 'Apply' now to be redirected to our website.
We would like to continuously increase the diversity of our employees. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates are particularly welcomed