JOB TITLE: Section Engineer
LOCATION: West Midlands - HS2
PAY RATE: £(Apply online only) Per Day (Umbrella PAYE)
My West Midlands based client is currently recruiting for a Section Engineer to join them on an initial 12 month contract on HS2. Candidates can only operate with PAYE or Umbrella status as this project falls Inside IR35.
* The Section Engineer will locate tasks to Site Engineers and supervise the task completion.
* Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed as soon as the checks can be completed.
* Oversee engineering requirements demanded in the delivery of a section of work or on larger projects, of a subcontractor, to meet the construction programme.
* Make effective use of document control to manage distribution of information.
* Develop and approve relevant procedures specific to their area of works.
* In association with the Section Foreman, assess the plant and resource requirements to meet the demands of site and office based works.
* Approve method statements and risk assessments and ensure they are being followed throughout the works.
* Ensure Site Engineers complete setting out in accordance with design.
* Ensure Design Drawings are marked up to reflect works completed as the works are finished.
* Liaise with other Section Engineers/Foremen to ensure any clashes on site are managed to ensure a smooth flow of work.
* Regularly review procedures to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
* Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering
* Site experience in Civil Engineering, highways and rail
* Experience of structures
* Read and understand drawings
* Have experience of working with Permit System and actively raises permits to work
* Have basic environmental awareness
"VGC Personnel Ltd are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy