Welcome to OJC Field Engineering ....
Payee £100 per shift + Own car allowance (details below) or Van
LTD £110 per shift + Own car allowance (details below) or Van
Van Supplied with Fuel Card
Own car use paid at £20 per shift to a maximum of £80 per week - regardless if you have more than 4 shifts. This is due to it being roughly the same as hiring a small van. Fuel would then be claimed at cost or 15PPM whichever is greater.
At OJC we are not a huge corporate recruitment agency, more a small field engineering company with a few long-term clients with whom we have worked very closely for many years. I am the owner and work in the field all the time. This affords us a deep understanding of what these projects require and that field engineering in general is not for everyone, we understand that. Thankyou for taking the time to read through this and we look forward to hearing from you.
We are currently recruiting for field engineers to support Pin Pad / Windows 10 & other projects, across all stores starting on the evening of January the 9th. There will also be an induction to attend on the 6th January. This will be a paid day.
We are confident that 4 shifts a week will be the absolute minimum for at least 5 weeks. In reality it is more likely to be 5-6 shifts per week and hopefully for a longer period - but as ever with field contract work it can change at short notice - thus we cannot 100% guarantee the number of shifts per week. Of course we do realise that if there is not enough work then it is not worth doing, so everyone wants to give each engineer as many shifts as practically possible. Again as ever with Field work flexibility is very key to make the most of this.
Shifts are 8-10 hours , but in reality many are far shorter than this - although travel can offset this somewhat at times.
Vans can be provided but due to national shortages own vehicle would be advantageous.
- Field based
- Installation of new Ingenico Pin Pads onto tills
- Installation of new Windows 10 base units and screens
- Removal of Christmas Tills
- Start times vary due to store closure times but normally between 7-9PM, earlier on a Sunday - approx. 3pm. Peak Deinstall work is daytime.
- Paid 1 week in arrears - support available to get the ball rolling
- Parking tolls & congestion paid / claimable.
- Much of the work is carried out OOH (out of hours) so evenings/nights are common.
- Experienced engineers would be ideal though not essential as full training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Hotels booked and paid for where required
- £15 daily allowance for food when staying away (£5 breakfast £10 evening meal)
- There is always a chance that they will want to keep you on and get involved with all the other aspects of support we provide for the client: General EPOS work, Wifi, HHTSetc - it's a great company to work with for acquiring a varied range of exposure across widely used technology.
- 24/7 support from myself and our team - you will always be able to speak to someone
- Communication - this is key as you will be required to communicate with store staff, project managers and other key staff supporting the project. You will also be required to write a brief summary of each job using our app-based job ticket system. This is Android based so ideally you have an android based device - although can be arranged.
- Comfortable with driving distances
- Comfortable with staying away from home when required
- Patience - sometimes we must be good at waiting for people to resolves issues , or stores to quiet down.
- Comfortable using basic hand tools
- Comfortable using an app for logging work times / notes
- Organization - you need to be able to plan ahead, look at routes, allow for delays to enable being onsite on time every time.
- Asbestos safety course required takes about 4 hours online - this is specific to our client and must be completed before work starts. There is no cost.
You will need to provide your own PPE and hand tools - we can support with this if necessary.
LTD Company engineers will need to provide the relevant insurance and busi