Finance Business Partner - Publishing
International publishing group with interests in fields such as video games, technology, films, music, photography, home, and knowledge are looking for a strong Finance Business Partner.
- Business Partner to Operations Director and Head of Production
- Management and support of an assistant management accountant (1 employee)
- Preparing month end review files to analyse P&L
- movements by cost type and title and identify and provide commentary on variances to budget/forecast
- Ensuring timely and accurate accrual and allocation postings as part of the month-end close process
- Reconciling various balance sheet codes, articulating key movements and validating the closing position
- Budgeting and forecasting for P&L - Print Media costs
- Liaising with the Production team regarding any financial queries or issues.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Experienced qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Ability to manage and develop junior team members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent Google Suite (Sheets, Docs & Gmail) and Excel skills (able to use Pivot Tables and V-Lookups)
- Experience using financial systems and an understanding of data flows
- Thorough understanding of accounting practices and disciplines
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks when necessary
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.