About the role
This role is responsible for developing an appropriate strategy for the development and delivery of cross- cutting, brigade-wide transformational programmes. They will lead and manage the setting up of programmes through to delivery of the new capabilities or products. They will work closely with the Portfolio Manager and the Programme Management Office (PMO) to ensure the projects are aligned to meeting the overall vision of the programme and are delivered to meet time and quality requirements. They will also be responsible for introducing and applying programme management processes and best practice to support the new Portfolio Office function.Key Responsibilities
Develop an appropriate framework for the development and delivery of programmes, based on existing methodologies and best practice. The programmes of work in scope for this role will be multi-departmental, cross cutting transformational programmes that span a wide range of disciplines and stakeholders.
Scope and define projects and programmes, identifying outcomes and benefits, dependencies, costs and resourcing, milestones and critical paths, risks and issues.
Monitor the progress of all projects within the programmes, ensuring they are delivered within agreed budgets and timescales. Instigate performance reviews/audits as required.Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of leading, directing and supervising a virtual matrix team, both within andoutside their direct team, ensuring that business areas have appropriate input and are bought in to the final project outputs.
- Experience of working in project and programme delivery and recovery and working actively with stakeholders to create project and programme plans and documentation.
- Ability to analyse existing processes and develop new effective processes using industry recognised methodologies.
- Working knowledge of organisational models and their application, and theory behind successful culture change, technology change and process change.
- Knowledge of a range of analytical methods, including strategy and business modelling techniques.