Atlantic Data is seeking an experienced and pragmatic Commercial Manager to lead our Legal team and focus on negotiating contracts for a variety of key clients across all sectors, as well as providing advice and guidance to other areas of the business.Who are Atlantic Data?
Based in Milton Keynes, we're the UK's largest provider of online criminal background screening checks (also known as DBS checks). Unique to our sector, we not only facilitate these checks, but also develop bespoke software and services for thousands of highly satisfied customers.What's the role?
As our new Commercial Manager, you'll be responsible for the negotiation of commercial contracts for key clients, as well as confidentiality agreements, employment contracts, and suppliers' own service agreements.
Internally, you'll advise the business on data protection and DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) compliance matters, and draft a variety of internal documents on various legal and business issues.
You'll also be responsible for managing a small Legal team with direct reports based in the UK and India, along with participating in the wider management and development of the business; so don't be surprised to find yourself leading on a variety of projects from time to time!
The role is office based, allowing you to build strong relationships with new colleagues from day one and understand the nuances of criminal background checks. Also, our working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.Who'd be ideal our ideal Commercial Manager?
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Experience in negotiating contracts.
- Proven ability to efficiently manage work projects.
- Basic understanding of intellectual property and other common contractual issues.
- Ability to present commercially sound and pragmatic solutions to contractual and business matters.
- Strong time management, prioritisation, and organisational skills.
- Ability to apply judgment to broaden influence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand contracting policy and general risk tolerance.
Along with having experience of:
What's the package?
- Experience of criminal record checks and/or DBS.
- Experience of working in a B2B environment.
- Experience of working within a software development or IT environment.
- A natural interest in IT or web based applications.
- A competitive salary, up to £60,000 depending on experience
- 29 days annual leave (including bank holidays), that'll increase by an additional five days over time
- Enrolment to our pension and life insurance (four times your salary) schemes
- Summer and Winter events
If you'd like to view the full job description for this role, along with registering your interest, please click below to visit our Atlantic Careers platform and we'll be in touch shortly.