Our clients is the UK's largest manufacturing group in their sector and prides themselves on manufacturing all of their products at a number of sites here in the UK.
With an exceptional order book and a wealth of well established and financially strong UK based consumers, their business continues to go from strength to strength.
My clients organisation has an enviable reputation as a truly people centric business where staff are encouraged to grow and develop and tend to stay for many years.
Reports to: Financial Controller
Job Purpose Summary:
To ensure the site manufacturing and production operations are accurately reported, accounted for and costs are analysed and controlled. This role will encompass budgeting, reporting and forecasting for the manufacturing and production operations plus business partnering senior managers within the operations department.
This role covers the factory operational element of each product produced at the Mansfield site covering, three key consumer brands
Supporting the Financial Controller and the larger corporate Finance Function
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Monthly reporting and analysis on Sales, COS, COS variances, Gross Profit Margin for inclusion in the monthly reporting pack, prepared and reported in a timely manner in accordance with the group reporting requirement.
* Understanding and reporting on Labour deficit, material and volume variances, stock variances.
* Ensuring the factory wages are adequately recovered in the Bill of Materials (BOM's), Holiday pay, NI and Pension must also be sufficiently recovered.
* Track actual costs to standard costs in the BOM, providing analysis of reasons for variances and areas to focus cost control on.
* Compare margin by channel, by product, against the budget to identify top performing products and poor performers where improvements can be made.
* Costing product pre-launch to ensure new models meet required margin levels.
* Reporting on manufacturing overheads, such as wages and salaries of indirect staff, utilities, waste disposal, consumable repairs and maintenance.
* Reviewing factory wages prior to payment approval by the East Midlands Financial Controller.
* Accounting for distribution ensuring costs are measured against the standard cost
* Calculating factory recharges generated by the manufacturing entity to recharge out to the other brands.
* Reconciliation of all stock balance sheet accounts, raw materials, WIP, finished goods, recoveries, stock reserve and obsolescence.
* Ensure the stock obsolescence and stock reserves provisions are sufficient for current levels of stock.
* Annual budgeting and monthly forecasting for all the above, working with Senior Operations Managers to build up the Sales to Gross profit budget, manufacturing wages budget for factory workers, plus indirect employees, distribution and other manufacturing overheads.
* Business Partnering the Senior Operations Managers to drive understanding of inefficiencies /efficiencies within the factory and cost controls, assist Manufacturing with stock reduction projects.
* Reviewing weekly intake, and production reports prepared by the Assistant Management Accountant.
* Assisting the Operations Department in quarterly stocktakes, reviewing stocktake journals, reviewing variances between on hand stock on AX Dynamics and physical stock investigated by the operations department. Validate and record gains and losses and ensure stock journals are processed correctly and the stock result is fully understood and reconciled.
* Maintain the operational financial records in accordance with legal, statutory regulations and group requirements.
* Provide manufacturing forecasts information, to include in the monthly cashflows, submitted to group.
* Work closely with the Brands Finance Manager on the month end close process to provide all information required for them to produce the monthly financial reports and statutory accounts.
* Supporting group projects and initiatives as and when required.
* Supporting ERP system projects and being a finance AX Dynamics/Cube super user.
* Drive process improvements and ensure a well-maintained control environment within finance.
* Continually improve the finance department financial planning, reporting and analysis.
* Work with IT to improve information systems.
* Attend necessary training courses to maintain technical knowledge.
* Providing support and assistance to the East Midlands Financial Controller.
* Ensure the departments health and safety requirements are met.
Scope or Scale
No Direct reports however requirement to provide support and guidance to Assistant Management Accountant and Factory Wages Clerk