This role is responsible for ensuring the delivery of day-2-day operations of Payroll and Pensions administration. Ensuring that services and processes are smooth, streamlined and efficient and that all statutory, service and customer deadlines are met is key. In addition core to the role is the ability to identify and deliver change - either future service changes required to meet legislative/customer need or at a more granular level to improve day-2-day service delivery.
Education & Qualifications
* Professional qualification e.g. CIPFA, CIPD, IPP, BCS or Demonstrate experience of achievements at this level
Management qualification e.g. NVQ Level 4
* Experience of leading and managing payroll and/or pensions teams in a performance culture to achieve measurable outcomes.
* Experience of using ERP systems to deliver payroll service ( such as SAP)
* Ideally having been involved in the implementation of an ERP solution
* Experience of supporting, coaching and developing staff to achieve their very best.
* Management of significant budgets
* Project management experience
* Experience of managing services to meet the requirements of stakeholders and managing interfaces with those stakeholders
* Experience of establishing and delivering significant external Contracts
* Experience of working within the public sector is desirable but not essential.
Knowledge, Skills and Understanding
* Able to undertake budget preparation and reporting
* Proficient with software packages that support job role
* Able to horizon scan and set context and agenda for teams
* Able to set SLA frameworks and performance targets
* Influencing and collaborative working skills to provide excellent stakeholder engagement
* Presentation skills to present reports/proposals/strategies
* Managerial skills to lead teams and create development and performance culture