Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Head of Maintenance to work with one of our clients in Kent.
What the job will be doing
* To take responsibility for the current and future maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, building, high-risk areas and site infrastructure to meet the growing needs of the Organisation.
* Attend/chair meetings as required.
* Act as deputy responsible person and deputise for the Assistant Director (Maintenance and
* Technical Support) as required. Undertake investigations where failures occur from a technical or H&S perspective.
* Ensure statutory and regulatory compliance in relation to the physical estate and engineering assets to avoid significant legal and financial costs and health and safety implications.
* Maintaining the PPM system to meet changing technologies and ensuring all statutory PPM is compliant and in line with the CAFM system PPM schedule for the trade groups.
* Ensure all reactive work is being controlled through the trade teams and Service Level Agreements are being met. Equally, ensure all rechargeable work is being dealt with in a timely manner to suit the customers.
* Take responsibility for compliance with Procurement and Financial regulations and budgets. Ensure maintenance & grounds contracts are in place for key service areas and have been procured in consultation with procurement.
* Maintain records, ensure statutory inspections are being programmed. Undertake internal audits and work collaboratively with colleagues.
* Demonstrate active stakeholder management in order to ensure customer satisfaction in the delivery of maintenance and stores services.
What you will need
* Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject
* Chartered Engineer or FM professional with Corporate member of a relevant Institution e.g. the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers, the Institute of Engineering and Technology, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, British Institute of Facilities Management.
* Demonstrable ability in the use of databases and Microsoft Office products and ability to adapt/transfer skills to use new technology
* Experience and competency of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) software packages
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance