Senior Web EngineerPermanent Manchester - flexible working£70,000
We are currently partnered with a business in Manchester who believe growth is built, not theorised. They describe themselves as makers, builders, and creators by nature, and they come to work every to build experiences that their customers love and technologies that businesses will thrive on.
As a software consultancy, the business work on new product development, service design and cloud modernisation; they take a hands-on approach to transform their client's business. With an office in Manchester, the team are currently working on a remote basis, but they will be returning to the office a couple of days per week as they strongly believe that collaborating as a team is a key element to their success.
They are now looking for a Senior Web Engineer to be at the heart of their projects and specialise in Web technologies but use much broader technical experience to help steer the project team. You'll be joining the team to help define how some of the world's biggest organisations use technology to drive their businesses. You'll share your passion and experience with those around you, allowing and encouraging your teammates to step up.What you can expect:
What we're looking for:
- You'll be joining a growing team of 20+ software engineers who all share your passion for building great products
- You'll benefit from knowledge sharing sessions across the business, such as the Web and Back-End team's weekly meeting
- You'll build market-leading products, working closely with their clients in agile teams
- Your day-to-day interactions may range from working as part of a small-focused squad to sitting within a much larger cross-functional engineering team
- You'll help shape your product's roadmap by taking part in all aspects of project planning and delivery
- You have commercial experience working with one or more of the major web application frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular
- You will have demonstrable experience of writing webapps and or managing application state
- Be able to demonstrate a strong understanding or common architectural patterns (such as MVC, Redux), managing side effects and common frameworks and networking
- A strong understanding of SOLID principles, continuous integration and setting up or a CI environment, common authentication patterns and browser security
If you're interested in this opportunity and would like further information on the role, please contact me directly on
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.