Job Title: Release Train Engineer
Salary/Rate: £630 Per Day Inside IR35
Start Date: 06/01/22
Job Type: Contract 3-6 months
We are recruiting for a Release Train Engineer to join our team in the UK, work with our clients in designing and delivering the best products and services, and drive and support the adoption of the Scaled Agile framework across programmes.
As the Release Train Engineer (RTE) / Programme manager, you will be playing a pivotal role in leading and driving program success and ensuring timely delivery of planned business outcomes.
You will lead the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile Release Train (ART) processes and programme execution with all the teams, manage the impediments/blockers and programme risks/issues, foster continuous improvements, coach, and guide the groups and individuals through their agile maturity and adoption journey.
* Plan, lead and facilitate all aspects of programme delivery, leveraging SAFe Agile processes and supporting clients' adoption journey
* Lead all aspects of Program Increment planning (PI Planning) every quarter. Prepare, guide and assess the readiness of Program Increment (PI) Planning and demos
* Lead and coordinate all the other ART ceremonies and events, including ART Scrum of Scrums and Inspect & Adapt (I&A) workshops.
* Track and produce critical metrics (e.g. burn-down, burn-up charts) Work with the internal and client Program Management Office (APMO) on program execution and status reporting
* Guide Agile, Scrum, and SAFe, leading all the Agile delivery teams to deliver value consistently. Act as SAFE facilitator/coach at the Program level as necessary
* Coordinate all dependencies (including internal and external teams / ARTs). Remove impediments called out from Scrum of Scrums and ART sync
* Manage and escalate risks/issues on schedule, resource capacity, scope, or other parameters
* Work with Product Strategy, Product Management & Engineering to understand and communicate business priorities to cross-functional delivery teams
* Schedule features and system demos across teams with the business for critical capabilities
* Consistently track and monitor teams' progress post PI planning, provide guidance/support
* Facilitate and schedule workshops with business, Engineering Managers, Architects, and Solution Owners for solutions and/or requirements clarifications as needed
* Work closely with Product Managers, Product Owners, Solution Owners, Tech Leads, DevOps, Enterprise/Solution & System Architects, and the Value Stream to support the ART in delivering on the Quarterly Objectives
* Track and publish Quarterly Objectives/Team progress for visibility and transparency to stakeholders and business partners
* Assist with decision-making by facilitating team feature and capability estimation and roll-up to epics, where necessary
* Drive continuous improvements via Inspect & Adapt workshops, assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help improve velocity and accountability
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* Proven experience as RTE (Release Train Engineer), working directly with Agile teams across multiple programmes and supporting the adoption journey of implementing SAFe
* Experience in working with Agile ALM tools, particularly with JIRA and Confluence
* Ability to understand complex technical issues, assess the potential impact, create remedial plans/options and explain in a simple non-jargon way to peers and seniors
* Experience in managing complex programmes/projects across multiple locations/regions and delivering to demanding schedules
* Proven communications and influencing skills across all levels, both internal and external -including presentations, negotiations and written reporting
* Ability to lead and motivate diverse project teams and juggle multiple tasks
* Exposure to various technologies from a management perspective, including Microsoft Dynamics, java J2EE, web services, APIs, cloud, containers, DevOps CI/CD etc.
* Ability to coach and guide teams, scrum masters and senior leadership in Agile SAFe processes and drive continuous improvements to consistently add value
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.