Senior Software Engineer
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join one of our clients for a 6 month initial, remote based contract. This role will be inside IR35.
As a Senior/Principal Software Engineer, you will work as part of a highly-skilled and close-knit development team following Scrum & Dev-Ops methodologies to deliver market-leading insurance pricing solutions.
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
- Proficient in software development using C# .NET
- Knowledge of front-end development using Angular (or similar framework)
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle in a commercial/production environment: requirements capture and analysis, estimation, detailed software design, implementation, unit and system-level testing, installation and deployment, maintenance
- Experience with software engineering best practices: object-oriented design and implementation, design patterns, SOLID principles, Agile and Extreme Programming methodologies
- Experience with software development tools: IDE's, version control, test automation, continuous integration, defect and backlog management systems
Other highly desirable, but not essential skills are:
- Ability to coordinate day-to-day development and bug fixing activities
- Ability to design high-performance, scalable and extensible software architectures which are also easy to test, debug and maintain
- GUI design/implementation, knowledge of standards and frameworks such as WPF or WinForms
- Appreciation of current and emerging technologies along with their potential benefits and limitations
- Visual Studio Team Services and Git
- Experience of unit and GUI test automation frameworks such as MS Test
- SQL Server or other database management systems,
- Azure and Cloud Technologies
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age