You will be responsible for leading software design, development and test within Smart Hub development team Your new company
This global telecommunications company has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
By bringing together the current TV & Broadband, mobile and voice organisations into the Converged Services Platform, this company is running one of the most innovative TV, sport and mobile platforms, working with the biggest and best global companies as customers and partners to provide enormous value and revenue for our business.Your new role
You will be responsible for leading software design, development and test within the Smart Hub development team. The core purpose of this role is to contribute to the development of new broadband router software development strategy, in-sourcing the developing capability for our next generation hardware platforms.
You will set the direction for technical developments of the Hub software backlog, utilising Agile development methodologies, in line with industry technical standards and the strategic needs of broadband product set.
You will be expected to act as a lead development engineer and point of contact for the wider TV & Broadband team and related component teams. You will work as part of an Agile software development team and will be expected to develop and deliver high quality code in support of world class broadband productsYou'll have the following responsibilities:
* You will be a development team member with responsibility for the development of test strategy, capability and implementation of one or more software components.
* Technical authority for test of one or more components.
* Contribute to testing best practices with a primary emphasis on automated testing
* Perform ad hoc testing and planned testing either manually or preferably via test automation
* You will work under broad direction.
* Work alongside other team members to deliver high quality software components for the project
* Responsible for the quality and delivery of own technical work.
* Receive assignments in the form of objectives.
* Work with team leader to establish milestones, personal objectives and may delegate assignments where applicable.What you'll need to succeed
* Very strong scripting skills, i.e. Python and bash
* Use of code revision, issue tracking and continuous integration tools, i.e. git, Jira and Gitlab
* Must have experience of working with Agile delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban; iterative planning and task estimation is desirable.
* Collaborative and innovative approach to problem solving
* Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Test Driven Development
* Experience of testing CPE products, ideally using OpenWRT or similar
* Exposure to, and understanding of drivers behind automated test strategies
* Working to ambitious timescales
* Understanding of the hardware and software constraints related to developing home gateways or similar consumer electronic systems
* Willing to undertake self-development in required areas.
Ideal candidate will have:
* Experience of Robot Framework
* An understanding of the TR-069 protocol and TR-181 data model design and use
* Experience of Wi-Fi, cellular, DECT, voice or hybrid technologies
* Has a working knowledge of Home Gateway standards including, but not restricted to: IPv4/IPv6, PPP, IPoE, Wi-Fi, UPnP / Multicast, EoGRE.What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
- Flexible working options available.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan
- Pension scheme
- Shares Plan
- Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
- Discounted products
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.