Linux Sytems Engineer Fintech / Trading
Quant Capital is urgently looking for an Linux Systems Engineer
to join our high profile client.
Our client has recently been voted in the fintech 100 (best financial technology businesses). They provide a market leading Execution Management System for buy and sell side clients as well as Algo Execution. They have offices globally (travel arranged for your benefit if wanted)
The Infrastructure group is responsible for managing and engineering the company's global solutions for networks, firewalls, servers and storage. The ideal candidate will have experience with the UNIX / Linux operating system and exposure to configuration management tools and cloud services.
The client trades across Equities, Fixed Income, and FX
On a day to Day basis the Linux Engineer will:
- Ownership, maintenance and support of all trading system components
- Identification and mitigation of risks to service delivery and proactive resolution of issues before they impact service levels.
- Incident and problem management, including root cause analysis and follow up. Coordination of all relevant parties during client facing outages. Timely escalation of complex issues or problems.
- Resiliency testing. Regular and systematic testing of application redundancy and failover.
- Real-time system monitoring using a diverse set of industry standard and proprietary tools.
- Capacity planning and assessment.
- Application maintenance, including change and release management (planned and emergency application deployment, configuration and patching).
- Definition, management, and leadership of projects to improve operational efficiency, system monitoring and automation of manual tasks.
- Definition and maintenance of operational run books and other documentation.
Support Specialists MUST have:
5?years+ experience?as?a System Administrator (preferably?Redhat?& Ubuntu?variants)?S
Solid understanding of volume management and principles of RAID?
Solid understanding of virtual memory?and system performance analysis?
Pure,?NetApp?or EMC?storage?experience an advantage?
Knowledge of Google?and/or AWS cloud?services?
Knowledge and experience of multi-vendor cloud management tools an advantage?
Scripting/Programming skills in any language an advantage?
Ideally Knowledge and experience of managing hosts via a framework such as?Ansible or?Puppet?
Knowledge and experience with addressing vulnerability scanning reports and patch deployment
Knowledge and experience with maintaining PAM (Privileged Access Management) tools
Knowledge of git?
You will be joining a progressive and exciting company committed to excellence. They offer an excellent working environment with on-going training and a structured career path. You can also expect an excellent salary and benefits package.
My client is based in London, 4 days a week in the office
FIX, Linux TT, RTS, Bloomberg, Scripting, Client Support, FIX Integration, Implementation, NYSE, FTSE, EUREX, ICE, Nasdaq LSE, LME