Quant Capital is urgently looking for a DevOps Engineer to joinour high profile client.
Our client is a recently acquired financial technology business who is currently taking the factoring and invoicing market by storm. This is a brand new project to create an e-factoring platform and CRM system from scratch.
our primary focus will be to create, implement and support DevOps strategies and continuous delivery pipelines with our cross-functional teams. You will be accountable for defining and implementing the appropriate infrastructure, tools and processes to support our continuous delivery of change.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Act as a subject matter expert for implementation, support and security aspects in relation to CI/CD pipelines and path to live.
- Helping teams have consistent, predictable and rapid build and deployment cycles
- Work closely with the Cloud Engineering teams to deliver well defined, reusable infrastructure-as-code for AWS service and server orchestration and automation.
- Assist the Development model as part of scrum teams to support business projects and implementations.
- Promote DevOps culture - providing insight into the implementation of relevant processes and tools.
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers and senior heads of IT.
- Propose secure, scalable, reusable solutions using AWS products
As a DevOps Engineer you will have:
- Significant experience of CI/CD pipelines and how these feed into a micro services architecture. We use Team City and Octopus, but knowledge of these specific tools is not required as long as significant demonstratable experience of similar CI/CD tools can be shown.
- Experienced with AWS including the use of VPCs, EC2, API gateways, Lambda, S3, etc.
- Experienced with Infrastructure as Code tools with AWS, ideally CloudFormation.
- Good understanding of containerization platforms such as EKS and Docker.
- Experienced in working within an Agile, DevOps and Cloud environment, with a focus on secure, availability, reliability and automation.
- Understanding of networking concepts and security (ie. TCP/IP, HTTP, load-balancers, TLS etc)
- Good knowledge of both Windows and Linux server platforms.
- Proficient in in at least one scripting language such as Power Shell, Bash, Python, or similar
- Has experience of working within Agile teams, using the Scrum framework
- Keen to cultivate a culture of collaboration, innovation and bringing industry standards to everything we do
- Excellent communication, organisation & presentation skills with solid business acumen.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with discussions and best practice concepts around cloud and DevOps technologies
My client is based in Central Manchester, this role is Remote but will require Office work 1 day a week.