Do you want the chance to live near the beautiful surroundings of the Peak District, where you can enjoy the picturesque landscapes and escape the hustle and bustle of city life?
Join The Woodhouse, an established learning disabilities and autism service in Cheadle, as a Consultant Psychiatrist and be a part of a growing and innovative team to provide excellent people-focused outcomes.
Working 37.5 hours, you will join the multidisciplinary team providing advice on psychiatric and medical concerns surrounding men and women with complex needs who may have a primary diagnosis of learning disability, mental health issue or personality disorder.
With experience from the NHS or private sector, you will operationally manage within agreed standards, targets, timetables and constraints, following operational and strategic objectives.
As a senior member of the team, you will provide leadership as you provide high-quality care, conduct unit rounds, assessment of referrals, attend Care and Treatment Reviews, Managers' Panel Hearings and Mental Health Review Tribunals. You will be required to deliver regular supervision to junior members of the team.
You will work alongside the General Practitioner to oversee the provision of physical health care of servicers users, and will be supported by the Physical Health Care Coordinator and the Regional Physical Health Lead (Senior Paramedic) in the delivery of physical healthcare services.
At Elysium, you'll be part of a network of a culture, where you will be able to contribute to ongoing research projects in the Directorate, Continuous Professional Development to help you with your personal development plan and where you'll enjoy study leave to attend relevant courses and conferences.
You will be part of a group of Consultant Psychiatrists, who share the on-call rota. Other responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Responsible for the administration of the Mental Health Act, Clinical Policy, Clinical Standards and associated administrative tasks in respect of service users
- Manage and evaluate the medical service through audits, ensuring clinical policy, practice and its application are research-based and of an excellent standard
- Work in conjunction with external stakeholders to map and facilitate the service users' journey back into the community
- Chair all ICR meetings
- Ensure the adequate working of the Care Programme Approach for service users
- Involvement in the assessment of referrals and ensure that the service meets the needs of those who are appropriately admitted
- Contribute to the training, education and development of staff of all disciplines
- Participate in delivering Clinical Governance
What you will get:
- Medically qualified with an MRCPsych or equivalent
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Innovative and imaginative with the ability to initiate corporate decisions
- Leadership ability
- The ability to affect change professionally and organisationally
- Understanding of current developments in psychiatry and other aspects of mental health
- Knowledge of change management, relevant legislation, contemporary cases in mental and physical health
- Previous consultant experience (desirable)
- CCT in Psychiatry of Intellectual Disabilities (desirable)
- Previous experience in a management role (desirable)
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at the commencement of employment)
- Birthday leave
- Highly competitive salary
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.