Join the team at Victoria Gardens as an Associate Specialist and work in a friendly, committed and established service where your knowledge, experience and skills will be valued.
Working 37.5 hours a week, you will support the service to equip service users with the skills required for community living and increased independence. Victoria Gardens is a specialist locked rehabilitation service for people with complex mental health needs and behaviours that challenge, as well as a ward for older females.
You will be working with an established multi-professional team delivering individualised care and treatment of people with severe and complex mental disorders.
You'll be part of an established, experienced, friendly and supportive team with an excellent CPD programme and access to a large and supportive peer group of like-minded professionals, including 18 consultants and 4 associate specialists within Elysium's North West services.
You will be supported with your appraisal and revalidation and will receive regular clinical and managerial supervision.
There is an on-call element to this role (currently 1 in 5).
Part-time applications will be considered. Your responsibilities
To be successful in this role, you'll need
- Ensuring an adequate handover to colleagues including out of hours
- Seeking collateral history from other professionals and family
- Completing discharge letters/reports/s62 forms as required promptly
- Preparing First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearing reports under the supervision of Consultant
- Depending on your experience, providing oral evidence at First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearings under the supervision of the Consultant
- Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that patients have access to appropriate medical cover at all times
- Providing prospective cover to other specialty doctors when they are on leave
What you will get
- Full GMC registration
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
- At least 3 years' experience in Psychiatry
- Experience working as a doctor within a similar environment
- Section 12 (2) approval (desirable)
- AC status (desirable)
- Competitive salary
- Private medical cover
- Car allowance or lease vehicle
- The equivalent of 30 days annual leave (or pro-rata) - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers and much more.About your next employer:
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.