We are currently seeking an Electrical Harness Builder to work for a cutting-edge clean technology company in South London.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to have a real impact on an organisation that is pioneering new scientific and engineering concepts.
The company is building an international reputation for innovation, rigour, commercial acumen and engineering excellence, all to fulfil its primary objective - to make the world a cleaner place.
This is a contract positon paying between £22 - 25/hour LTD. The position has been deemed OUTSIDE IR35.
6 months minimum contract.
This role reporting to the Lead Electrical Systems Engineer will involve building vehicle wiring harnesses, commissioning, and fault-finding control systems. The role will require experience in connector termination, cable containment, wire splicing and following electrical schematics and wiring lists. Panel building and rig test building experience would be a benefit, as would prototype electrical development experience. A successful candidate may also have some experience in electrical system commissioning and test, and will have a willingness to learn new skills. The role requires self-motivation and the ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
* Electrical harness build
* Meeting electrical quality standards
* Vehicle wiring
* Wiring harness modifications
* Harness testing and fault finding
* Test lab support
* Wiring harness build
* Cable termination and splicing
* Cable containment
* Electrical schematic interpretation
* Wiring list interpretation
* Panel building
* Electrical design (basic power distribution/control circuits)
* Proven fault-finding experience in complex electrical systems
* CAN networking experience
* Control systems experience