We are a multibillion-dollar specialist Aerospace and Defence company who have been providing the Ministries of Defence, integrators, aircraft manufacturers and airlines with a wide range of advanced aviation solutions for over 60 years.
Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions.
We are looking to recruit an Engineer with prior experience of Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) to join our team on a permanent basis.
You will work closely with both systems and software engineering, and programme management to develop, implement and control tailored ILS Plans in line with established targets and constraints
The role will primarily be based in Worcestershire however periods of UK and Overseas travel will be required.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
* Prepare of ILS / Supportability documentation;
* Assist in conducting detailed analytic logistics and supportability studies including Spares Modelling, Ease of Maintenance Assessments (EMA) and Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA);
* Influence system design for optimum Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and hence Availability;
* Carry out Training Needs Analysis on the training requirements for ISR Exploitation Systems for domestic and international customers;
* Prepare technical training courses for delivery to customers;
* Deliver customer training using various media such as MS PowerPoint and carry out On Job Training;
* Prepare Technical Manuals to various formats, i.e. AvP70, AESP or US Government Technical Manual;
* Actively collaborate with programme management, engineering and other development areas;
* Carry out other tasks commensurate to the role as directed by the ILS Manager.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
* The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of Integrated Logistics Support, to work in an assistant role to the ILS Manager, carrying out the various ILS elements that form an integral part of a program;
* Actively collaborate with programme management, engineering and other development areas to ensure that supportability and supportability-related design factors and requirements are fully considered during the system design process such that inherent product supportability characteristics meet or exceed specified requirements and that the through life support burden is minimised;
* Ability to influence system design for optimum Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and hence Availability;
* Be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of the key areas relating to the Training Environment, including Training Needs Analysis, preparation of technical training courses for delivery to customers, preparation of Instructional Specifications, TO's and EO's, and Training Material. A background in ISR Exploitation Systems would be desirable.
* Be able to develop, implement and control Training Plans with conflicting requirements, as part of a busy training programme, to satisfy defined customer and business requirements, ensuring that activities are successfully progressed and delivered in line with established targets and constraints;
* You will be expected to form part of the team that conducts the customer training on ISR Exploitation Systems using various media such as MS PowerPoint and carrying out On the Job Training, taking the lead where required;
* Experience in the production, control and amendment of ILS/Supportability documentation; and Technical Manuals to various formats, i.e. Internal, AvP70, AESP or US Government Technical Manual using MSWord or similar.
* Experience in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
* Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering (Desirable)
* Salary Negotiable dependant on seniority level
* 38 Hours
* 25 days holiday (Increases with years of service up to 30 days)
* Private Medical Insurance
* Private Pension Scheme
* Income Protection Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Flexible Benefits including dental insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, give as you earn scheme, Tastecard, discount card, health screening, eye testing
In accordance with our 'Baseline Security' requirements, will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business.
These relate to positions where access to export-controlled items, (e.g. Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and internal IT Systems may apply.
For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
We are an equal opportunities Business. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website