Position: Shift Maintenance Engineer - Multiskilled - Immediate Requirement
IR35 Status Determination: Inside OPWR's
Rate: £23.00 Days £33.00 Nights
Hours: Continental Shifts (12 hours, 4 on 4 off, Days & Nights)
Environment: State of the art fully automated high-volume manufacturing site inc clean room
The company and group:
Part of a global business my client has been established for over 30 years and have an illustrious history of manufacturing personal protective equipment (PPE) for professionals across industry and healthcare. They are one of the fastest growing businesses in the UK and continue to invest in new equipment, facilities, and people. This is the start of a very exciting journey for them and the group. Fantastic open culture to the business well with its people at the very heart it. It has a real 'can do' attitude and feel about it which runs throughout the business and at all levels.
We are looking for a multiskilled engineer to support the maintenance and repair of equipment and services at their brand-new manufacturing facility. As part of a multi-disciplined team, you will be required to undertake scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on mechanical and electrical equipment, supporting reliable and efficient running.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Adhere to systems and procedures in place for Equipment, Health, Safety, and Environment.
* Help plan and undertake scheduled maintenance for equipment and services.
* Ensure preventative maintenance and service schedules are completed on time following manufacturers technical literature and internal procedures.
* Respond to breakdowns, diagnosing and repairing faults in a timely manner to ensure production downtime is kept to a minimum.
* Participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of fault finding and diagnostic actions to prevent re-occurrence of similar issues.
* Liaise with technical support for specialised equipment as required to assist in fault diagnosis and repair.
* Carry out standard tool changeovers as scheduled in production.
* Assist in new Equipment installation onsite.
* Liaise with external contractors as required.
* Manage and request equipment spare parts, general MRO, highlighting low stock.
* Where required maintain records for equipment, services, buildings, fixtures, and fittings.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Educated to HNC and/or City and Guilds qualified in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering discipline
* Proven experience of working in a maintenance environment within a high volume FMCG manufacturing or production industry
* Must be competent working on mechanical, hydraulic, and compressed air systems.
* Works well under pressure
* Ability to prioritise and manage workload
* Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
* Good communication skills both verbal and written
* Flexible, 'can do' attitude
If this opportunity is of interest and you would like to apply, then please email Adam Calderwood with an up to date copy of your cv