The RLE INTERNATIONAL Group is one of the world's leading providers in the fields of vehicle development, technology and consulting. On the basis of more than 30 years of development & consulting, we provide innovative and effective solutions for our UK customers in the area of Automotive Engineering. RLE INTERNATIONAL is represented at locations close to its customers in Europe, Asia and USA.
Software Configuration Engineer - The Candidate must have an understanding of automotive industry requirements and standards. We are looking for a flexible engineer, who will embrace the company's cultural and professional business environment and will work directly with our customers, internal engineering team and with the various suppliers involved in systems & software development.
The responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to:
* Support Defining/ Integrate software configurations for the application and market specific requirements for all ECUs.
* Work with feature implementation team to ensure clarity on the feature requirements to support configuration of the software.
* Cascade the Software configuration requirements to DRE team to deliver software as per specification.
* Manage software deliveries for individual electrical modules to program milestone and take the lead in releasing the software packages for next phase of development work such as Lab-car, Prototype vehicle and production
* Manage the Software issues and delegate to the DRE team and track the implementation and next phase of delivery
* Ensure software configuration is correct as per the requirements and support DRE team to validate this on lab-car and/or Vehicle
* Software development experience would be ideal
* Understanding functional safety process documentation for automotive systems.
* Work out solutions to engineering issues within the FutureMotiv EE team and report to the customer as required.
* Comply with processes that deliver a robust and configuration controlled working environment for functional safety and software development.
* Understanding on SOTA and Cybersecurity is advantageous, you will be also responsible to ensure the electrical modules are correctly configured to manage the SOTA updates.
Requirements of the position are:
* Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to learn fast and to quickly pick up new skills and engineering concepts. • Ability to follow tasks provided by engineering leads.
* Ability to effectively operate and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
* Strong hands on, "can do" EE engineering skills.
* Bachelor's Degree (or related professional accreditation) in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or Computer Systems Engineering / similar discipline.
* Knowledge of functional safety, in particular ISO 26262 would be an advantage.
* Understanding of embedded automotive software concepts.
* Knowledge of system integration development.
* Knowledge of CAN, LIN, FlexRay, Automotive Ethernet communication busses.
* Ensure effective communication, containment and action plans with regards to quality related issues.
* Support effective root cause analysis and permanent corrective actions are implemented for quality issues.
* Experience working on the CAN tool such as Vector CANalyser, CANoe, CAPL scripts
If you have any of the above knowledge and experience, and are interested in hearing more about the opportunities, please apply now. We offer a competitive salary depending on each candidate's experience. Also, we approach a hybrid work model - 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
*Please note: Due to the high level of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted*
Eligibility: Unfortunately if you require sponsorship for a visa to work in the UK your application will be automatically declined.
**NO AGENCY CALLING**