Looking for Revit Coordinator from the AEC industry for an incredibly exciting opportunity working for the UK's largest Technology company as they design & build state of the art distribution centres (customer fulfilment centre) across the globe. Utilising their own ground-breaking technology, they are the world leaders in Automation, machine learning, AI and robotics.
You will be a BIM Coordinator / Manager from any disciple (MEP, Architectural, Structural) with Revit experience coupled with strong communication skills who can adapt and quickly learn in high technology environment.
Working for the UK's largest Technology company and pioneer of the online supermarket sector whom after 20 years are FSTE 100 listed business. They have reengineered and imagined the way goods are stored and delivered to your door. The growth of Online Supermarket & Retail shopping in the last 10 years has been huge and this is a trend which will only continue and has even been accelerated due to the Coronavirus world pandemic.
If you are looking to move into a very high-tech rapidly growing industry which can offer exciting challenging careers using cutting edge technology, unrivalled career prospects, hybrid office / home working model and incredibly stable employment in uncertain times then this opportunity is for you.
Working as a Revit Coordinator working within The CAD Services Team whom provide the specialist 3D design capabilities to create the state of the art customer fulfilment centre (CFC) detailed designs, ensuring the integration of the mechanical handling equipment solution with the building and technology elements. The team creates detailed technical placeholder models and sheets during a number of design phases of the multi-million-pound CFCs around the world. The design department works closely with multiple departments across the business from Product Development, Automation Engineering and IT through to external Architects and Structural Engineers.
The role of the Revit Coordinator is to work with external providers of outsourced design services to deliver CAD tasks to the required standards. Acting as the internal single point of contact, this role will manage the flow of work to the outsource provider(s), ensuring tasks are delivered on time and to the required quality.
The opportunities to develop and advance your career is huge. The role of Revit Coordinator is highly likely to be expanded as the company utilised more outsourcing of the design function and so there is expected growth within the role. In addition, there are lots of opportunities for developed as Project Integrator, Project Manager, Engineering or you can be promoted through the technical route in such roles as BIM Programmer or Revit Trainer. In addition, this is a Technology company and so the opportunities for Tech and computer savvy candidates are huge.
Our client is the pioneer in the online supermarket sector whom after 20 years are a FSTE 100 listed business. This is a multi-award-winning UK Technology firm with a very bright future. They develop their own ground-breaking technology they are truly world leaders in Automation, machine learning, AI and robotics. There planned growth across the world is staggering moving from 3 Customer Fulfilment Centres to 30 in 4 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Be the Single Point of Contact within CAD Services for the management of outsource work.
* Act as the gatekeeper for outsource work, ensuring it complies with internal drafting and quality standards.
* Work with Integration Engineering and Realisation Engineering to manage any queries relating to the technical content of tasks.
* Work with Realisation Engineering and Planning to understand and agree priorities, and to estimate task durations.
* Manage the flow of work to the outsource provider, providing a clear understanding of priorities and deadlines.
* Understand and model the upcoming workload across CAD Services and provide the outsource provider with the necessary visibility to ramp their resource pool up or down, according to demand.
* Support the onboarding of the outsource provider's point of contact and monitor their ability to onboard and upskill technicians remotely.
* Work with the CAD Services Team to develop internal standards and processes.
* Leverage the capabilities of Revit and BIM 360 to provide the most effective way of managing workflows and QA/QC activities.
* Monitor and report on the performance of the outsource provider in terms of on time delivery and quality (e.g. right first time), as well as hours billed versus contracted hours.
* Work with management to support the development and renewal of outsource agreements.
* Represent the company brand externally, at all times demonstrating its values
What I'm I looking for:
* Proficient in Autodesk Revit across AEC disciplines (architectural, structural and MEP)
* Competent use of BIM 360
* 5 years experience within BIM / Revit / AutoCAD technical roles
* Comprehensive knowledge of BIM QA/QC CAD in an AEC environment
* Good at problem solving
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Team Player
* Influencing skills
* Approachable and helpful
* Good leadership and interpersonal communication skills
* Commercially aware and consider cost impacts in decisions and proposals
* Autodesk certification - Revit software
* Building strong working relationships with third parties
* Good technical ability relating to automation / MHE / MEP
* The ability to work under pressure
Modern Hybrid Working
Based from very modern offices in Hatfield, the company has embraced modern hybrid working with an expectation (when safe to do so) work 2 days a week from the office and the rest from home, in addition 30 days a year can be worked anywhere in the world.
The company has been starting people from home, shipping laptop and all necessary equipment to your home.
* Good Salary
Benefits Package - Free Shares + share schemes, private medical, 15% off shopping, Pension (6%:8%), gym
* Holidays 25 days holiday increasing to 27 with 5 years' service