Job Description - Care Manager
Job purpose - To support the Care Home Manager in all Care aspects of the day-to-day running of the Care Home. Promoting a caring environment which provides residents with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity and rights to privacy, independence and choice are met. To supervise, monitor and evaluate the care delivered to resident's, checking legal requirements are met along with the high levels expected within the Care Home.
1. To assist the Home Manager in the overall direction, coordination, implementation control of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, vision and goals.
2. To support the Care Home Manager in managing the day-to-day running of all Care aspects of the Care Home including; the standards and quality of care, recruitment and training and communication with the team.
3. To oversee that Residents needs are being met, and that relevant professional agencies and relatives where needed are informed in the best interests of the residents.
4. To oversee that we are providing the highest level of personal care and attention to residents following individual care plans carefully and ensuring all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive, conducting care plan reviews with resident and relatives within the Care Home every three months.
5. To be responsible for ensuring that Care Home quality audits are completed in a timely manner and cross referenced as designated by the manager.
6. Help support the Care Home Manager in staff supervisions and appraisals ensuring all are up to date.
7. Ordering and booking in of all medication.
8. Undertaking care practice observations and assist in mentoring staff team on best practice.
9. Assist with interviews, investigations and disciplinary as required.
10. Support other Care Homes as and when required.
11. Assist with rota management and staffing ensuring an appropriate skill mix of staff on shift at all times.
12. Support the Care Home Manager and Front of House Manager with satisfaction questionnaires; distributing and actioning feedback.
13. Conduct Care Home show rounds, taking enquires and conducting pre admission assessments.
14. Ensuring all working documents in the Home are up to date and completed properly i.e. close observations, position change etc.
15. Understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements relevant throughout the homes, including HACCP, COSHH, Health and Safety, all aspects of the Care Standards Act to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
16. This role may require overnight stays and travel across other Care Homes within Ideal Carehomes.
Relevant facts and figures relating to the job
Formal supervision with the Care Home Manager within the home
Supporting Managers with their day to day running of the home.
The role of Care Managers requires you to assist the Care Home Manager within the home. Leadership qualities, effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential. These skills are also needed for developing good relationships with Residents, Staff Teams, outside agencies, and professionals. As well as influencing and motivating skills, being able to work as part of a team is vital.
To assist in all aspects of the day to day running of the home whilst advising and supporting the Manager and team, ensuring that the highest quality of care is provided to our Resident and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
Regular meetings with the Registered Manager.
Results and feedback from other Care Home Managers, Regional Directors and Compliance team.
All mandatory training is up to date
Minimum of 3 years' experience working as a Deputy Manager. (preferably within care of older people)
Knowledge of the principles in sales and marketing.
Skilled in the recruitment, selection and retention of staff.
Committed to a structured approach to training and development of staff.
Understanding of the Care Standards Act and Health & Safety legislation.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Professional, confident and warm personality.
Have a caring disposition.
Leadership qualities, enthusiasm along with influencing and motivational skills.
Reliable and punctual.
Willing and able to provide an out of hours 'on call' service
Willing to cover for absent Managers.
To be a critical thinker and possess problem solving skills.
In screening, hirestaff place strong emphasis on shared values and behaviours, including the skills making up emotional intelligence: awareness, motivation, empathy, and social skills. These vital skills serve as the foundation to resilience