Apprentice Network Engineer (Level 4)
Location: Southampton, SO15 1GQ
Salary: £13,500, Open to review dependent on experience
Contract: Full Time, Apprenticeship
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
We have an excellent opportunity for an IT minded person to kickstart their careers!
**** Immediate interviews available****
**** January Start Dates available****
You will be working closely with the other IT technicians focusing on solving IT issues and providing a first-class customer service. That includes repair, upgrade, and support of IT systems for their customers. In addition, you will be assisting senior technicians with more challenging jobs including website and email hosting as well as server management.
You will provide efficient and effective IT support to our customers for installations, usage, or maintenance of products to ensure that the systems are functioning according to specifications, this includes but is not limited to;
Any other IT related equipment
As part of your development, you should assist when appropriate the more senior technicians with for more challenging jobs, including website and hosting DNS related jobs, advanced backup solutions and full installation of servers.
* You will be expected to deliver IT support both on and offsite.
* You will act as an escalation-point for basic training needs for all more junior members of staff, when necessary. You should ensure that any unresolved issues are escalated accordingly to a more senior technician.
* You will listen carefully to the customer's problem, diagnose, and identify the customer's needs and ensure that the IT solution you provide is the most effective and efficient solution tailored to that customer. Thorough diagnosis should include asking the right questions to ensure that the customer avoids downtime due to any incompatibility.
* You should ensure that any software upgrades or suggestions are compatible with the customer's current IT set up to avoid delay or failure in resolving the issue.
* You will regularly communicate the status of your technical solution to the customer clearly and in a user-friendly, professional manner.
* You will ensure that your 'Daily Contacts' are completed by the close of business every day without fail to ensure that our customers receive the best level of customer service from Netserve.
* You will ensure that all computer equipment is assigned a ticket and logged on to our internal systems. You must ensure that any information/updates, linked with that ticket, are entered onto the ticketing system immediately.
* This ensures that all technicians are able to provide the customer a full update in your absence.
* Follow all internal processes, procedures, and policies.
* Offer tuition to customers for new hardware or software installations.
* Proactively educate customers and more junior members of the team about our 'Go Monthly Support Package' options and other potential software hardware and services upgrades.
* Assist in the creation of technical documents and training material.
* Assist in sourcing deals and offers, as well as new suppliers, for the resale of hardware and software.
* Act as a role model at all times by complying with procedures and policies, acting professionally.
* Assist the other departments with phone answering, providing technical knowledge, presenting training.
Apprentice Network Engineer - What we need from you
* Passionate about IT
* To understand the importance of good customer service and lead by example
* Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, obtain information, and provide solutions for a good range of technical problems
* Self-motivated and desire to learn
* Experience of helpdesk level server support;
* Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and other server applications
* A full UK Driving Licence is required for this role due to going out to customers.
* A can-do attitude and a drive to succeed is required.
* GCSE Maths and English grade A* - C / 9 - 4 or functional skills levels 2 equivalent
* A relevant Level 3 Qualification or equivalent experience is essential
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful within this role, click on apply today!
No agencies please