Risk and Internal Controls Manager - Scientific Organisation - Watford (Remote working role) - Circa £55,000-£70,000
Robert Walters are hiring for a Risk and Internal Controls Manager for a scientific organisation based in Watford in Hertfordshire.
This is a newly-created permanent role, available on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
Reporting into the Head of Internal Audit and Risk, the Risk and Internal Controls Manager will be responsible for a wide-ranging risk management role, focusing on a range of operational and strategic risks.
* Lead on the embedding and continuous improvement of the risk management framework.
* Assist with the management and development of the operational risk registers and strategic risk register.
* Prepare monthly risk reporting and lead on its continuous improvement.
* Demonstrate understanding of key business processes and risks and their controls.
* Perform evaluation of design and effectiveness of controls.
* Assist with the development and execution of a risk based internal audit plan.
* Demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task on quality work deliverables.
* Coach, train, and provide guidance to business stakeholders to promote best practice in risk management and effective internal controls.
* Build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships at all levels of the organisation as well as with key external stakeholders (accreditation bodies, external consultants, etc.).
* Plan and conduct risk based internal audits to a high standard, communicating and delivering high quality audit reports.
The company are looking for someone with strong risk management experience, and previous experience working on risk frameworks.
Ideally this person will possess a risk management qualification, be a membership of CMIIA or CCAB, or have equivalent CIA or CPA or ACA / ACCA certification or equivalent.
It would be beneficial to possess experience with risk-based internal audits.
The role comes with a salary of circa £55,000-£70,000 plus a great benefits package.
The role offers fantastic work-life balance with short, regular hours and the ability to work from home nearly 100%, with only infrequent travel to the Watford head office needed.
Apply now to find out more