Our client, a niche financial services provider has an exciting opportunity for a Third party risk management specialist to join their Legal team. This role will support the legal function, working closely with operational risk, compliance and IT functions to provide proactive first line third party risk and outsourcing oversight.
Key Responsibilities of the Third party risk management specialist will include: -
* Providing strategic and day to day advice on regulatory, legal and risk aspects of third-party management and outsourcing (both FCA and PRA regulation) including material outsourcing arrangements.
* Supporting the Legal Function with delivering effective legal advice on contractual matters.
* Supporting the business in its management and oversight of key outsourcing arrangements in relation to mortgages and savings.
* Supporting the business in its implementation of operational resilience and business continuity regulations, including in relation to outsourcing and third-parties, working closely with the IT Function.
* Maintaining a high degree of awareness of regulation impacting on the business' use of external suppliers and provide training to the business.
* Working closely with the business to ensure effective governance and supplier relationship management of key suppliers including material outsourcing arrangements.
* Leading on effective first-line management of third-party risk across the business, in line with business risk appetite, including working closely alongside the Risk Function on engagement with the Regulators.
* Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory landscape and advising on business impact.
* Identify and implement any required changes to existing third-party/outsourcing processes, policies and procedures and monitor adherence to relevant policies.
* Development of relationships with, and management of, key external suppliers including external legal counsel and associated budgets.
The successful candidate for the role will possess: -
* Either a Senior Qualified lawyer OR a procurement/third party/regulatory specialist
* In-House financial services experience
* Experience of managing third party suppliers
* High level of understanding of financial services regulation
Our clients head office is based in Surrey, however they are happy to offer this role as fully remote working