This role is remote so could be based anywhere, but includes travel to office near Manchester at least once a month.
This is a new post within the business and the post holder will play a vital role with effectively carrying out the implementation of the business vision and quality strategy.
The holder will be responsible for the training and development of colleagues within the business, as well as ensuring all records are kept up to date, from a sampling perspective, among others. This role is a fantastic blend of quality duties,
training duties and commercial vision duties, which will allow you to be creative and show the innovation you possess. You will be expected to conduct all the key roles and responsibilities, as well as meet the KPI's aligned to overall satisfaction and
sampling, training and development, achievement rates, revenue, and curriculum support. This is an exciting position that will give you exposure to numerous different functions and challenge you at the same time to improve the teaching and learning, as well as the quality of our provision.
* Train, coach, guide, mentor, and support all delivery colleagues
* Lead on End-Point Assessment arrangements as appropriate and awarding body visits where appropriate Monitoring and assessing assessor's/internal verifier development and practice for example, standardisation meeting
* Monitoring candidates' records, progress, and achievements which included suitable marking and feedback takes place, reviews completed to the required standard and in learning evidence (ILE) is evidenced every 4-8 weeks
* Ensure that all internal quality processes are completed and up to date, this includes but it not limited to, sampling planners, claims etc.
* Monitor the safety and welfare of colleagues, candidates and others involved in the training and assessment process and learner's journey
* Conduct observations of teaching and learning on delivery colleagues, as well as learning walks to ensure the consistency of quality throughout the business and sharing of best practice
* Dealing with appeals and problems with learners, trainers, and employers
* Support with curriculum development within your area of specialism
* Conduct training needs analysis across the organisation to identify training needs, as well as externally to support the commercial version for the department and business
* Support with the implementation of digital tools to create flexible and innovative learning programmes
* Drive a culture of continuous professional development within the business and support with business analyst duties for clients
* Monitor how effectively learning has been transferred to all learners and clients
* Conduct research to understand how client's function and where they can improve using your knowledge and experience within the sector
* Analyse information from clients to form a hypothesis of areas that can be improved and how to resolve them
* Take ownership around activities for your own continuous professional development (CPD)
* Ensuring apprentices are supported through targeted learning and being managed effectively through ongoing guidance and support in best practice
* To develop constructive staff development plans and propose appropriate CPD for teams, including occupational competence utilising information from lesson observations, apprentice, and client feedback, awarding organisations and other relevant stakeholders
* Support with multiple projects simultaneously by prioritising deadlines, tracks development life cycles and ensures that problems are addressed, escalated where needed, and resolved quickly
* To prepare business reports for Senior Managers on attainment and making recommendations for further improvements
* Qualified to a minimum of L5 within your subject area
* A1 award (or equivalent)
* V 1award (or equivalent)
* Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent
* Willingness to undertake current sector, and industry qualifications
* 3 years' experience in the sector of your specialism
* 1 years' experience being a trainer or assessor
* Experience training and supporting delivery colleagues
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request. As we get a high number of applications we may be unable to give feedback to unsuccessful candidates. We will retain your details to keep you informed of other opportunities. National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all backgrounds