At Warburtons, family is at the heart of our business. Five generations' worth of expertise that goes into making our bakery products allows us to continue a tradition of baking inherited over the past 141 years.
Warburtons is the largest bakery brand in the UK, but that doesn't allow us to rest on our laurels. We are pioneers of the industry and ambitious market leaders, always seeking to challenge ourselves and convention. It is part of our philosophy to provide honest good sense on issues of health and well-being, helping the whole family to enjoy our products as part of a healthy, balanced diet, through a range of products to suit all meal occasions, lifestyles and tastes.
As 'Britain's Best Loved Food Brand' we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,000 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies' to work for.
Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Are you a Class 2 Multi Drop Driver at the top of your game, but looking for something that puts you more in charge and able to provide a great customer service?
At Warburtons, you are more than a driver! No more spending the day looking for things. You load your own vehicle, so you can find everything a little bit easier and you'll be in charge of making sure the orders for your customers are correct as you pick accurately and in full from your delivery notes or electronic device.
So, if you're looking for a role where you're more hands on with your deliveries and keeping the nations eggs in soldiers, then join us and be proud to be heading in the right direction
Key Accountabilities and Measures
* To start with, you will be supported with a 6-week induction, support from in-house driver training teams
* You will like to be an early riser. Your shift will generally start at around 3.30am (although some patterns vary), so it's an early start, but on the flip side, your afternoons will be your own.
* You will also enjoy plenty of autonomy. As a driver you'll be given delivery notes (or an electronic device), from which you'll accurately pick the orders (either prior to leaving or out on your route) and load your vehicle with bakery products.
* Your knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance mechanical knowledge (in order to be able to relay faults on defect forms) and transport legislation will be key, for example Driver Hours, working time directive and the Highway Code for a smooth and safe day
* Your route for the day will then be loaded into your onboard computer - and you're off!
* Our drivers deliver to multiple customers each day (who are like family to us), so we need you to provide a quality service, that develops strong relationships, exceeds their expectations and on occasion, be able to manage difficult conversations in a calm and professional manner, as well as acting as an ambassador for our brand with everyone and living our values
* You will work a defined rotating 5 days a week pattern including weekends. That's 43 hours a week, although a typical week can sometimes be less than that. All of which will hopefully help you to plan your life around work more easily.
To join the Warburtons family, you'll need a LGV Cat C driving licence with no more than 6 points. You'll also have a good knowledge of transport legislation and tachographs, be reliable, responsible and used to working in a fast paced environment, ideally with multi drop experience and ideally previous experience of picking orders.
At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your breads worth:
* Basic Weekly Pay of £674.78 inc Local Allowance + Weekly Driver Local Market Allowance £22.31*
* A slice of the annual profits (discretionary profit share)
* Ongoing CPC Modules - your Driver CPC training is in work hours too, not outside of them.
* Award winning pension scheme with company contributions up to 7%
* Life assurance
* Products you'll love along with deals and discounts for you and the family through our Extra Dough website
* Continued investment in your personal development
* Fully stocked kitchens filled with our delicious products for you to enjoy with your daily brew!
*Weekly driver local market allowance is in place until end of July 2022.
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do