As the third largest global player in the landing gear industry, Héroux-Devtek serves the civil and military aerospace markets from facilities in North America and Europe. The company's longevity, flexibility, and track record in developing and implementing innovative production systems have made it a leader in this field. With its latest acquisitions, Héroux-Devtek is consolidating its status as one of the leading designers and manufacturers of landing gears, actuation systems, and hydraulic systems in the global aerospace industry.
The Role - Metallurgist
Reporting to the Support Engineering Manager, you will be part of a dynamic team of engineers and technicians engaged in the design, manufacture and testing of aircraft landing gear systems. You will have influence on all the sites of Héroux-Devtek and may be called to travel occasionally outside the country. Your main duties will include:
* Providing day to day support to the internal production/MRO facilities and external suppliers
* Managing performance of metallographic investigations with a high degree of autonomy
* Implementing REACH/ECHA requirements across the business
* Approving of internal special process techniques
* Participating in special process audits both within the company, regulatory authorities, and suppliers
* Participating in the multidisciplinary Core of Excellence team
Our Requirements - Metallurgist
* A degree in Materials Science Engineering, Metallurgy, or related discipline (MSc and/or PhD are desirable but not essential)
* A deep understanding of aerospace manufacturing special processes techniques, i.e. electro-plating, shot peening, painting, heat treatments, anodising, sealing etc.
* Knowledge of fractography and the forensic engineering of metallic materials
* Understanding of corrosion and their protection mechanisms
* In depth knowledge of testing characterization techniques, such as SEM/EDS, hardness and microscopy
* Previous experience working to AMS, SAE, BS, & MIL standards
As a Metallurgist, you will benefit from an attractive salary with the level dependent on experience and qualifications, along with an excellent benefits package, which includes:
* Permanent contract
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
* Salary sacrifice healthcare scheme
* Early finish on Fridays
You will be working at our engineering office in Runcorn. Monday to Thursday 8am to 4:30pm, and Friday 8am to 1pm.
More About Us
Héroux Devtek's global reputation for quality and reliability exists thanks to the achievements of its employees, and the business truly believes in providing employees with continuous training and professional development and fosters a strong entrepreneurial culture where each team member has a distinct role to play in the success of the business.
All applications for this Metallurgist vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions