An independent, haulage business based near Woking in Surrey has an immediate requirement for an Assistant Bookkeeper to join their small finance team of 3. Working with a part time FD and the Accounts Manager, you will be responsible for the operational finances, liaising and advising the non finance staff as necessary. As you will be close to the daily transactions, you will quickly become the "go to person" for all daily finances.
This is a family run business and it has an open, flexible and above all friendly culture. The role can be performed on a hybrid working basis if so desired and would suit someone looking for a stable and long term role.
Reporting to the Finance Director yet supervised daily by the Accounts Manager, duties include;
- Processing a weekly payroll of circa 20 driving staff using Sage Payroll
- Batching, coding and processing invoices for payment
- Processing driver and Directors' expenses
- Bank reconciliations
- Raising invoices and allocating receipts
- Assisting with query resolution in the general ledger
- Accounts administration
- Any ad hoc office duties commensurate with a small office environment (covering for answering the telephone)