Senior Paraplanner Team Leader
Salary: up to £45k + Bonus, negotiable dependent on experience
Location; Flexible, York
Hours: Full time
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Paraplanner to work as part of the team at a well-established and highly successful appointed representative and Senior Partner Practice of St. James's Place Wealth Management Plc. You will be employed directly by the Practice.
St. James's Place Wealth Management plc (SJP) is a leading, and highly regarded, FTSE 100 UK Wealth Management company which distributes a range of Investment and Retirement products and financial solutions to a High Net Worth client base. SJP has funds under management in excess of £143.8bn.
We are recruiting for a vital support function within our busy office. This role is to build and head up a paraplanning team over time; we are ambitious and are looking for a like minded, motivated person to join our team.
First and foremost, the role will be providing support to Advisers of the Practice. Suitable candidates would need to have excellent experience and be able to demonstrate their abilities, as well as being able to work with demanding clients, to high standards and to strict deadlines.
Reporting to the Practice Manager, your role will involve (but is not limited to);
* Supervising, mentoring, training and overall support of paraplanners and support staff
* Compiling detailed research material, answering technical queries and providing support to build business cases for the advice being given by the Financial Advisors
* Researching and analysing existing client portfolios and personal circumstances to help construct ongoing advice to ensure clients long term objectives continue to be met over time
* Working with the PSS team to be responsible for ensuring client records and office systems are meticulously up to date and especially in the preparation of business
* Preparation and writing of compliant suitability reports, letters and supporting documentation
* Manage compliance workflow and being responsible for ensuring work is completed in a timely manner and in line with regulatory timeframes
* Be abreast of any legislative, product and process changes within the industry and SJP
* Be aware and build knowledge of, and in time, relationships with our client database
* Preparation for client Annual Reviews, including bespoke reporting and planning
* Producing accurate ad-hoc written, numerical work and analytical reporting as required - e.g. Cash Flow Modelling, Investment Reporting and Comparisons, and Tax Health Checks and Audits
* Any other reasonable functions to provide the client with a positive professional experience at all times
To be considered you will need;
* Minimum diploma qualified with 5+ years' experience
* A proven track record of high quality paraplanning
* Knowledge of VCT/EIS, IHT Planning, Pension Crystallisation and DB Pension Analysis
* Ability to use complex financial modelling tools
* Team leadership skills and evidence of management experience
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
* To have a consistently high level of accuracy and attention to detail
* To be highly organised, meticulous and analytical
* Process driven and a problem solver
* Enthusiastic and willing to learn in a regularly changing environment the ability to use initiative and prioritise workload
* Proficient IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office and familiarity with industry software
* Proactive team player with a 'can do' attitude
In return, we can offer an exciting opportunity within a growing business. We currently have three advisors and looking to expand further.
Please note that this Partner Practice will conduct a standard Financial and Identity check on any candidates who are offered a role within this Practice.
Please ensure that as you apply you are taken to the application site for Burgh Recruitment who are supporting the recruitment of this role for this SJP Practice