Shift Operations Technician
A Shift Operations Technician position within a newly built energy from waste facility has become available. The Shift Operations Technician will be responsible for the monitoring/controlling of key lines using operational systems and processes. The aim of the Shift Operations Technician role is to maximise efficiency of the plant whilst ensuring the operations are meeting safety and environmental regulations.
The responsibilities of the Senior Operations Technician will include
* Respond effectively to operation demands to assist in achieving safe and efficient generation.
* Identify operation outside of prescribed limits and ensure corrective action is taken, therefor participate in trouble shooting and problem solving.
* Continuously monitor and control key lines within the energy recovery centre. You will be responsible for troubleshooting the lines and processes involved.
* Understand and operate core systems in place to run daily plant operations.
* Process daily logs with regards to operation of the facility, recognise and handle issues as they arise and operate the waste cranes and take samples.
* Operate flexibly and without close supervision within the constraints of your ability and authorisations
* Establish a professional working relationship with your shift team leader. You will work as a deputy to this position and so will be able to enhance plant management skills.
The ideal candidate
* A good understanding of all HSE aspects is a fundamental requirement, with NEBOSH a preferred requirement.
* Computer literate with experience of operating a 'soft desk' HMI/DCS/SCADA is essential.
* Possessing a background in either mechanical, electrical or process engineering is beneficial.
* General knowledge and experience of heavy processing, ERC, EFW, Biomass, gasification, incineration, chemical processes and working with boilers is advantageous.
* Good verbal/written communication skills in English.
* A strong team player with a flexible working attitude.
What this is offering
* A salary of £39,000 per annum.
* Full time, permanent position.
* Continental shift pattern (4 on 4 off).
* Immediate start.
* The client will provide a structured development programme providing the candidate with additional skills needed for this role