Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Flexibility is key to our future business strategy and to our "Future of Work" plans. With this in mind we are actively considering flexible work patterns for all of our roles. Feel free to apply and we can discuss both hours and working patterns to suit the needs of all.About the opportunity:
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Safety Case Engineers with extensive experience in the nuclear industry to join our Decommissioning Projects business. This role will be based in one of our Jacobs office's, Birchwood, Oxfordshire or our Scrabster Office however there will be a need for periodic visits to client sites, as projects require.
The Decommissioning business provides an exciting mixture of consultancy, engineering and project management support, along with delivery of challenging decommissioning related EPC projects, to major clients in the UK across both the civil nuclear and defence industries, including Dounreay, Sellafield Limited, Urenco and Magnox. Overseas, we are delivering similarly interesting and exciting projects across the globe including project for clients in Central and Eastern Europe and Japan.
We are very proud to have supported these clients for many years, and our partnering arrangements will enable us to sustain and enhance this support in the long-term. We also deliver a number of projects for other private companies and academia needing decommissioning solutions.
The successful candidate will support the operations manager with the management, direction and coordination of the Project and interaction with Project discipline teams. The Principal Safety Case Engineer is also responsible for implementing Safety Case Procedures and maintaining the required standards of technical quality in the project work.
Your responsibilities will be supporting various and diverse nuclear clients providing Nuclear Safety Case support through the full life cycle project requirements including:
Here's What You'll Need:
- Leading Hazard Identification Studies (HAZIDs, HAZOPs, SWIFTs etc)
- Managing and Preparing Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Assessments (e.g. FTAs, FMEA, ETA, QRA)
- Managing and Preparing Safety Case Documentation and Reports
- Preparing Safety Case Strategy Reports
- Preparing Technical Reports
- Some experience in Team and Project Management
- Self-starter with a professional leadership approach and a technical background
- Proven of experience within a nuclear or highly regulated environment.
- Motivated individual with the ability to work to deadlines and communicate project progress
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate information
- Ability to interface and liaise with key client and internal stakeholders
- Committed to Continuous Professional Development
- The candidates must be able to display a broad nuclear safety case understanding in order to be able to undertake different projects in varied locations.
- Degree qualified or equivalent (eg HNC/HND with significant experience) in engineering discipline with extensive design experience
- Chartered professional or similar demonstrable experience
- British National with eligibility to obtain and maintain full UK security clearance (SC)
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2