This is an opportunity to join a business in Manchester/Alderley as a Finance Administrator. We are 4 companies under a single management team with an overall turnover in excess of £1m. Despite the pandemic 2021 is forecast to be the best year to date with further growth planned in 2022.
We are looking a Finance Administrator who can handle our bookkeeping and office management functions, which for us is a mixture of traditional bookkeeping, debt management and managing the control of the subscriptions we supply to our customers (Microsoft purchased subscriptions etc).
As the sole in-house Finance Administrator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the finance function. We have a 3rd party Accountancy partner engaged for overall Accounting (Year-end submissions, Policy and Strategy reviews etc). The partner also supports our finance package, which is Xero / Sage and is on hand to help with Management accounts. You will work hand-in-hand with each other.
We require you to be a strong practitioner in the delivery of the services for bookkeeping, debt management, VAT return preparation and management accounting for a small SME.
For this hands-on and varied role, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Day-to-day bookkeeping and maintenance of accounting records
* Processing monthly journals such as prepayments, and month-end procedures and reports
* Processing VAT returns.and HMRC payments.
* Posting sales and purchase invoices, expense claims and credit notes
* Handling the month-end billing process.
* Keeping a tight control on any debts and minimising debtor days.
* Monitoring the debtors and creditors list, chasing unpaid accounts
* Responding to supplier and client queries.
* Subscriptions management:
* Regular and timely production of reports for management; P&L, Balance Sheet, Debtors & Creditors etc
* Presenting financial reports at the regular scheduled finance reviews (weekly/monthly)
Experience and Qualifications:
* Ideally be AAT qualified, although candidates who are qualified by experience will also be considered
* Have at least 5 year's experience, particularly across the areas noted in responsibilities
* Be confident in your own abilities as you will be the sole representative of the finance function
* Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
* Excellent attention to detail
* A professional manner & communication skills
* Excellent computer skills, particularly in Excel.
* Numerate, able to understand the reports which are being produced in order to spot irregularities, trends, opportunities etc.
* Needs to be comfortable working in a small business environment/culture
* Be confident and experienced working with Xero/ Sage
* Have an analytical and detailed working approach, organised and methodical able to prioritise to meet deadlines.
We are a team of currently 17 people. As a small team in a dynamic business sector (IT) we have to be fleet of foot. Our requirements change as the business environment changes. We will need you to be able to handle the flexibility needed to cope in this market.
Contract and Benefits include:
* Full time - Monday to Friday
* Flexibility to work in the office and from home
* Training days are available to keep skills up to date
* Profit based bonus plan to share in the success of the business
* Company pension scheme
* Free city centre parking with the facility to use 24/7
* Mobile phone allowance
* Latest IT tools to complete the job
If you feel you have the skills and experience for the Finance Administrator role, please send your CV for review