Dedicate Recruitment is seeking a polished and professional senior Finance Leader to undertake all financial responsibility for this established faith school.
Reporting to the Head Teacher, the School Accountant will support in the delivery of all statutory reporting while maintaining the highest standards of financial controls. You will ensure that all financial systems used are maintained, accurate and produce timely management information.
Areas of responsibility:
* Manage the preparation of the Financial Statements and the subsequent audit process through to satisfactory completion of the annual audit
* Be the lead for all audit work and liaise with external auditors and staff on all relevant matters
* Prepare monthly management accounts and other reports including cash flow
* Assure compliance with internal controls, to include identifying, enhancing, and implementing internal control improvements
* Remain fully aware of all financial rules and regulations that govern the school to ensure it remains compliant with regulation and reporting requirements
* Prepare all relevant papers, documentation and analysis for the Head, Board and Finance Committee.
* Ensure that accounts are prepared in accordance with the Companies Act and Charity Commission regulations.
* Knowledge of Sage is desirable and advanced Excel essential.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified, ideally ACA/ACCA, bringing stamina, commitment, and a passion for detail. You will possess a successful track record in finance ideally within the education or not for profit sector and have the charisma to influence peers positively.
In return, you will become a key part of the senior leadership team with potential permanent prospects on offer.