HSE Recruitment have been engaged by a world leading, innovative manufacturing company to source them a Health, Safety, Environment and Risk Manager at their site in Fordham, Cambridgeshire.
The company are moving away from the safety team 'doing safety' for the site to them coaching, mentoring and advising the sites and getting the managers and staff to take accountability for safety. This change is going to take a technically strong health and safety professional who has the softer skills required to make this a reality.
There are no direct reports and the role reports day to day into the General Manager and dotted line into a Group/ Sector Group HSER Manager. This is a key site within the group and they are looking to hire an experienced and hands on HSE Manager who is able to lead with gravitas, influence and engage the workforce on site and additional stakeholders and "raise the bar" across the site.
• Support all levels of management, to implement the necessary activities and actions to develop the HSER culture of the sites.
• Ensure that the business has the right skills, processes, materials, information and procedures to consistently meet legislative requirements, customer requirements and the standards established by formal management systems (e.g. ISO 14001, 50001 and 45001).
• Develop and build relationships at all levels of the organisation
• Experienced training skills to provide a personal touch when coaching employees on behaviours and actions to achieve a strong safety culture
• Support the development of the annual HSE plan
• Monitor monthly KPIs and target
• Be a representative of the HSER management systems; manage the internal and external audit schedule and oversee technical risk assessments (e.g. PUWER and COSHH)
• Act as a the point of contact for HSER communications with regulators and insurers.
Key personality traits;
• A positive and competent professional who leads with gravitas
• Confident and open communication style
• Able to engage and influence at a stakeholder levels
Essential qualifications and experience;
• Change management skills
• Cultural change and behavioural safety
• Fast moving manufacturing background, ideally high risk
• NEBOSH certificate as a minimum but ideally working towards or already hold your Diploma Level qualification in H&S.
• GradIOSH as a minimum
Apply now for immediate consideration: (url removed) // (phone number removed)