We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for , the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth (preferred) or Glasgow (Blended office/home working)
Salary: £26,120 - £34,500 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | options available
As Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for providing financial support in relation to Capital Investment on behalf of the Electricity Distribution Business, reporting to the Distribution Capital Finance Manager.
This is a challenging and exciting role where there is the opportunity to take on various responsibilities underpinned by comprehensive and robust financial control, management reporting, and day-to-day accounting.
Your main responsibilities will include:-
- Supporting Capital Projects including managing end dates, project status, key members, reviewing project transactions and closing projects
- Assigning assets to projects ensuring accuracy for Statutory and Regulatory reporting.
- Month end activities including preparation of journals, reviewing accounting data, posting accruals and project reporting to Project Managers.
- Maintaining Balance Sheet Reconciliations including Goods Received Not Invoiced and highlighting and investigating material differences
- Supporting the Audit process
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Knowledge of core financial systems and general accounting procedure
- Studying with a professional accounting body - preferred but not essential
- Ability to work to tight timescales, under pressure and deliver to a high standard
- Willingness to undertake a varied and challenging role
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with Project Managers, as well as being able to identify areas where current processes can be adapted and improved
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna on (phone number removed).
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying