Procurement & Vendor Officer - Banking - £45k to £60k - 12 month contract - London
This is an opportunity for an experienced Procurement & Vendor Officer / Manager, to join an international bank that is a leader in Trade Finance, Treasury, Project Finance, as well as corporate and insititutional banking. They are looking for someone to lead Procurement, Outsourcing and Vendor Management activities. This position is responsible for the direction and management of the Banks procurement activities. The position will build and develop the existing procurement structure, which will add value through the identification of efficiency and synergy opportunities in order to deliver cost savings and efficiency.
The job will primarily be focused on identifying and delivering process improvements and initiatives designed to create a unified target operating model for the Group's operations, simplify operational activities and deliver cost savings or efficiency opportunities across those operational activities that support the delivery of the Group's products and services.
* £45k to £60k
* 12-month, full-time contract
* Start: ASAP
* City of London
* Hybrid working
* 5+ years of experience of working in a procurement function, preferably within the Banking industry.
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or equivalent body.
* Knowledge of current principles, practices and methods, and laws, rules and regulations pertaining to supply chain management and Outsourcing.
* Knowledge of business unit requirements and specifications, as well as of supply market research methods.
* Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple projects
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience, present information in aclear and concise manner, apply creative approaches to engage audiences, manage change, resolve conflict, and build consensus
* Strong customer focus
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
* Develop and fosters relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Serve as principal advisor to all members of the bank for all existing and future Outsourcing and procurement activities
* Drive the development of the procurement strategic and tactical plans and category goals and objectives;
* Define performance expectations and savings goals for the procurement organization
* Be accountable for procurement risk identification and evaluation as well as the introduction and decision of appropriate measures
* Provide direction and management support to staff involved in procurement activities
* Remain informed of procurement and industry standards and practices
* Ensure compliance with procurement policy and procedures and local regulatory requirements
* Prepare and ensure adherence to operational budgets
* Oversee and participate informal supplier negotiations, as required
* The jobholder will play a key role in ensuring the delivery of organisational change and process improvements in order to reduce costs and increase value from its procurement activities