Are you a fully qualified Finance professional looking for an opportunity to drive continuous improvement and shape your own role? This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to bring their drive and expertise to our business.
As the Finance Manager, you'll be a key part of the senior management team, reporting to the Finance Director with overall responsibility for the accuracy of all financial information and reporting to support the Board and senior management in decision making. You'll also be responsible for timely report submission to external stakeholders.
This role has management responsibility and focusses on the responsibility of the financial reporting function and accuracy of financial data. You will be required to investigate and implement change initiatives which deliver cost savings and increase efficiencies, as well as support the commercial areas of the business with performance insight.
If you want to be part of a growing company with strong retailer relationships and a growing e commerce business, this could be a really exciting office-based opportunity for you which also offers flexibility for some home working as required.
Main job responsibilities - financial and commercial reporting
Overall responsibility for the finance team and financial reporting function:
* Monthly Management Accounts within 20 days of month end together with an internal management accountant
* Quarterly VAT returns and other statutory reports including EU VAT submissions
* Be the lead point with auditors for the year end audit and corporation tax queries
* Be the lead point of contact for any other external audits
* Ad hoc support such as grant applications
* Assisting other teams with payback and return calculations on investments and profit improvement plans
* Weekly payment runs with accounts payable and Finance Director input
* Management of stock valuation including standard costing with supply chain
* Management of the credit control function including 2 full time employees
* Management of accounts payable
* Intercompany accounting and consolidation between the parent and trading company.
* Cash flow forecasting
Overall responsibility for the accuracy of financial data on an ongoing basis:
* Management of all key registers and ledgers and updating supporting schedules and documentation as required
* Improving the reporting through setting up detailed analysis code structures
* Ensuring journals are reviewed and processed on a timely manner such as deferred income and foreign exchange
* Closing ledgers on a monthly and annual basis
* Processing year-end adjustments and journals
* Implementing, reviewing and updating company's financial policies and procedures in line with legislation
* Providing insights into performance and trend analysis reporting with the wider finance team
* Support in gathering ongoing research and development data
* Increasing the level of automation in the company through planned systems implementation and implementing training where required.
* Working with the Office Administrator as required on general HR, IT and office admin as required.
* Investigating and implement changes throughout the organisation to deliver cost savings and increased efficiencies
We are looking for an experienced, fully qualified Finance professional, ideally with manufacturing and consumer goods cost accounting experience, who has strong excel skills and the ability to work with all levels of the business.
You'll be driven, proactive and passionate, and be system savvy - Sage 200 experience would be beneficial.
No agents, please.
Please note, HRCentral Ltd will be managing this role. They provide outsourced HR and recruitment services, acting as an in-house Human Resources department.
No recruitment fees or costs are charged to jobseekers and workers, irrespective of where or how they are recruited