Our client, a market-leading multinational firm in the Oil & Gas sector, is seeking a driven interim qualified Accountant to join their growing finance team. The role will initially be supporting the UK operations with their Year-End but evolve into a Finance Business Partner role and support with various projects including a system implementation.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious and forward-thinking ACA/ACCA qualified accountant, who will ideally have experience working within the energy sector and will have strong financial accounting experience. Strong business partnering skills are a must as this role will have exposure to various senior stakeholders both in the UK and with their international operations. The company has a hybrid working model, currently 2 days in London and 3 days working from home.Key Responsibilities:
- The main focus of this role will be management reporting and KPIs for the business
- Responsibility for the accounting and statutory reporting - supporting with the year-end and audit.
- Monthly forecasting and annual budget processes
- Preparation of regular board reports
- Collaboration with finance team members and other business stakeholders
- Ad-hoc projects
- ACA or ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- A background in Oil & Gas would be beneficial but not essential
- Good knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Change management experience - ability to identify issues and suggest improvements
- Dynamic team player who can work in a fast pace environment
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts, it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.