A property services company, well respected in their filed with a turnover close to £400million. The Role:
You will report directly to the Financial Controller, but will work with a number of different departments across the company including the acquisition team, the D365 Finance Implementation Project team and a third-party IT support company. You will have interactions with a broad range of stakeholders across the finance function including the Finance Director and the CFO as well as across the entire finance team as you support the day to day running of the accounting system as well as the integration of acquisitions onto the system.
- This role will play an important part in the successful running of the recently implemented D365 Finance & Operations accounting system. You will manage and maintain the D365 finance systems and lead the implementation of Phase 2 of the system development alongside the existing implementation team.
- You will ideally have a broad knowledge of a finance function and a keen interest in improving the way a finance function works and its ability to serve the business as a collaborative business partner.
- This role will work together with the finance team to define and scope system enhancements such as budgeting/forecasting, reviewing the suitability of implementing add-ons to the current system e.g. a full PO system; as well as working through our snag resolution. Once identified you will work together with the project team and the Financial Controller to formulate and cost a plan which, once signed off, you will drive the implementation of.
- A key task within this role will be driving the migration of any new acquisitions from their existing finance systems onto the companies accounting system. Alongside this you will provide training to acquisition staff prior to their migration to D365 Finance to ensure they are competent with system processes and controls
- Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the systems infrastructure, by proactively engaging with the team and the business to identify new system and process improvement. This will be done in collaboration with our outsourced IT support provider to ensure that any software updates are adequately tested prior to them being rolled out in live.
Other day to day activities will include: -
- Updating roles and responsibilities within the system as team members roles change and new employees start.
- Reviewing system automated workflows and batch processes to identify and resolve issues
- Maintaining the Account Structures and Accounting Calendars and create new nominal accounts / cost centres / divisions / reporting periods as required
- Responsibility for Year End routines and managing period close
- Liaising directly with auditors to extract data and supporting information to answer audit questions.
- Co-ordinating and managing any change requests from the business to include sign of from senior finance, UAT testing and where appropriate providing training and support for new function on go live.
- To ensure compliance and application of best practise in the project phase and eventual BAU - the ideal Candidate must be CIMA/ACCA qualified.
Key Experience and Skills:
Essential - Technical:
- The ideal Candidate will represent a mix of general finance experience and D365 Finance practical working knowledge.
- CIMA/ACCA qualified.
- Experience of working with or implementing D365 Finance & Operations, or earlier versions of the product.
- Experience of Data Migration
- Analytical and enjoys interrogating systems and data
Essential - Personal
- The team is agile, flexible and hard-working, the personal characteristics we are looking for are listed below:
- Strong team player, form a part of a small and highly skilled team
- Open, honest and constructive communications style
- Self-starter - get the job done, with minimal supervision
- Flexibility, as in any project scope and timescales may change
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive problem identification and resolution