We are looking for an experienced Finance Officer to start ASAP in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
This is to work 37 hours per week. It is initially contracted until July 2022 and there is a chance of extension after that.
* The role is primarily responsible for implementing the new IFRS accounting standard on leases.
* This will involve collecting information, interpreting the standard and determining the correct treatment and accounting transactions required.
* The role will also involve assisting with the production of the annual accounts so experience of the annual accounts process, preferably in a public sector organisation is desirable.
* Recognised CCAB qualification (preferably CIPFA), or Association of Accounting Technician qualified together with considerable post qualification experience in local government, covering the key financial processes of financial planning, budget preparation, budget monitoring and preparing final accounts
* Experience of operating financial processes within the bounds of procedures.
* Able to demonstrate well developed skills around budget management and financial modelling