Temporary Governance Manager
required by a leading membership organisation in London to manage matters relating to the constitutional processes and governance of their body. The post holder will provide strategic guidance on the future development of governance activities in line with the very best sector practice and to manage the Governance team.
This is an INTERIM / TEMPORARY ROLE
for circa 4-6 weeks in the first instance (may be extended), paying circa £20.00 to 23.00 per hour (working 35 hours per week) - interviews asap and immediate start required - currently remote working (hybrid working thereafter, mix of remote and office once their offices reopen).
- Lead the development of the governance function to deliver the most effective legally compliant governance model in line with the very best practice in the 'not for profit' and professional membership sector
- Act as the main contact for filing returns and updating administrative details with the Charity Commission and the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) including all associated charities.
- Act as Secretary to the Board of Trustees, Nomination Subcommittee, Audit Committee, and General Assembly. Coordinate the secretariat functions of appropriate standing and other committees as required.
- Organise all member elections including; General Assembly, Vice-President; Board of Trustees and any ballots required under the Charter.
- Co-ordinate appointments to Committees, Panels and wider governance bodies as required.
- Act as Data Protection Officer, overseeing the investigation of data breaches, recommending appropriate reporting for data breaches, overseeing the response to subject access requests and ensuring appropriate procedures are in place.
- Manage, motivate and develop the Governance team.
- Maintain an annual calendar of Board, Committees and General Assembly meetings. Arrange and co-ordinate board and committee meetings and the annual inauguration of the new president including sourcing venues and monitoring budgets.
- Prepare, draft, and circulate papers and agendas, write and distribute meeting minutes and co-ordinate follow up actions
- Co-ordinate and support effective induction programmes for new members of General Assembly and the Board of Trustees
- Ensure good governance for the trust and other subsidiary companies and charities
- Co-ordinate and oversee the updating and maintaining of Governance pages on the website
- Prepare briefings and reports for the Executive Team, Presidential Team and Board of Trustees as appropriate
- Assist with arrangements for presentations of various awards and honorary memberships
- Maintain records and monitor outcomes in support of the compliance programmes
- Participate in corporate projects from time to time
- To consider the potential data protection implications before using or storing any personal data, referring to the Data Protection Policy or seeking advice as necessary
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Detailed understanding of organisational governance
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Governance Institute (ICSA)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Detailed appreciation of how a regulatory environment works
- Knowledge of public or charitable sector procedures and practices
- Knowledge and understanding of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and how they apply to the role