We're one of the UK's leading investment management companies, with responsibility for over £40 billion of client assets. We've worked closely with clients and their trusted advisers for many years and gained a unique understanding of the specific needs of our clients.
Investec Wealth & Investment seeks to deliver exceptional levels of customer service and has been trusted to meet the needs of private investors for almost 200 years. But our eyes are focused on your future.
Right now we're a team of over 1400 dedicated professionals located across 14 sites in the UK. We're looking to strengthen our team and need you to come on board and make a difference.Research shows
that some candidates can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same - if the role excites you, please don't let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!Financial Planning Director
The Liverpool Financial Planning team currently consists of three financial planners, three paraplanners and an administrator. We work alongside a team of seven Wealth Planners and a wider team of 26 investment managers and support in the Liverpool office. The team are firmly established within the office and are well respected within the business. The team currently advise in the region of 250 wealthy clients on their estate planning and retirement needs.About the role:
- Provide financial planning and investment advice in all key areas of expertise to new and existing clients of the firm.
- Manage key Investment Management relationships with Financial Planning. To promote holistic financial planning to the business and to clients directly. To promote the wealth and investment proposition for Investec including Discretionary Investment Management.
- Help build and develop strategic relationships both internally and externally, contributing to the growth of the business in terms of assets under advice and assets under management contributing to the growth in overall office and business revenue.
- Engage with change as roles transition to a Wealth Planner advice model.
- To consider the opportunities to add value to a client relationship with the services from the wider Investec Group.
Other attributes that would be helpful, but not essential for the role
- High level of technical knowledge required in all aspects of financial planning. Good investment knowledge.
- To support other financial planners / wealth planners within the office for their development and technical knowledge.
- To support the team lead with regards to managing, maintaining and growing the team and office business revenue.
- Fully qualified with Chartered status (or equivalent).
- May suit a Wealth Planner with strength in the area of advice
- Can demonstrate alignment with the client centric ethos of the firm
- Embedded in our culture is a sense of belonging and inclusion. To share this responsibility to support an environment in which everyone is free to express themselves.
- Needs to be able to manage time effectively.
- Timely servicing of existing clients and meet deadlines.
- Strong relationships required with peers and the ability to build relationships.
- Empathetic approach to team members and a rapport within the wider FP and Investment Management business.
- Ability to maintain own CPD and technical excellence whilst handling client duties.
- Ability to promote Financial Planning / Wealth Planning in the most positive light.
- Ability to engage in dialogue with investment managers and team leaders within Liverpool office
- Calm, methodical and with a long term commercial view.
- Able to work well within a team environment and to quickly build trust and confidence in all business relationships
- To mentor colleagues to help with organic growth and sustainability.