We're one of the UK's leading investment management companies, with responsibility for over £40 billion of client assets. We've worked closely with clients and their trusted advisers for many years and gained a unique understanding of the specific needs of our clients.
Investec Wealth & Investment seeks to deliver exceptional levels of customer service and has been trusted to meet the needs of private investors for almost 200 years. But our eyes are focused on your future.
Right now we're a team of over 1400 dedicated professionals located across 14 sites in the UK. We're looking to strengthen our team and need you to come on board and make a difference.Research shows
that some candidates can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same - if the role excites you, please don't let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!
An Investment Management team managing multi-asset family, pension, trust, offshore, company and charity investment portfolios, working closely with clients and advisers to deliver a high quality, bespoke service.
An exciting opportunity for a hard-working, numerate candidate who is passionate about investments and client service. The role provides a platform for the right individual to develop via an established client bank plus strong intermediary connections.What you'll do:
To help sustainably maintain and grow our client base by providing a high standard of portfolio management service to clients and the IFAs/intermediaries we work with.
The successful applicant will take over primary responsibility for a high-quality book of discretionary clients with a view to maximise the value of existing relationships and nurture new business leads where possible.
The applicant should be comfortable in pursuing new business opportunities both directly and through intermediaries, and will be expected to initiate and develop leads and relationships as part of the team's platform for future growth.About you:
- Experience in private client investment management
- Hard-working, dynamic individual who is looking to build a successful career in private client investment management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and IFAs/intermediaries
- Exceptional focus on attention to detail
- Good numerical skills
- Reliable and enthusiastic individual with a strong sense of integrity
- Highly IT literate with an ability to learn new systems
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Fiscal and Pulse is desirable but not essential
- Excellent telephone manner
- Competent at working to deadlines and managing own time
- Flexible attitude to work in response to changing workloads and deadlines within the team
- Proactive individual who is naturally efficient, conscientious, organised, can manage time well, competent at working to deadlines and keen to learn
- Able to communicate at all levels and prepared to assist fellow team members in all aspects of the day-to-day business