We're one of the UK's leading investment management companies, with responsibility for over £40 billion of client assets. We've worked closely with clients and their trusted advisers for many years and gained a unique understanding of the specific needs of our clients.
Investec Wealth & Investment seeks to deliver exceptional levels of customer service and has been trusted to meet the needs of private investors for almost 200 years. But our eyes are focused on your future.
Right now we're a team of over 1400 dedicated professionals located across 14 sites in the UK. We're looking to strengthen our team and need you to come on board and make a difference.Research shows
that some candidates can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same - if the role excites you, please don't let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!Investment ManagerLocation
We are recruiting for an Investment Manager (Level 7) but will consider applications from nearly qualified candidates. If you are interested in sustainable finance, investment management (and the possibility of wealth planning) and want to work in a team with a large and growing book of high net worth clients then please read the role specifics below and make an application.About the role:
- Provision of investment management advice within the Investment Management services.
- Communicating with clients in person, by video/phone and in written format.
- Willingness to learn and study hard.
- Contributing to investment orientated team meetings.
- The investment management suitability process.
- Preparation of performance summaries and meeting packs.
- Creating client proposal documents and schemes for investment.
- Working with admin colleagues to on-board new clients.
- Working with portfolio managers to effect client portfolio changes.
- Interaction between investment managers/wealth planners, team admin and operations colleagues and clients
- Demonstrable experience in Investment Management
- Communication skills - particularly with clients
- Analytical skills
- Report building
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Pulse and Seismic
- The role that Investec plays in society and our corporate culture.
- Commercial skills related to business development
The candidate will have a keen interest in and be able to demonstrate a commitment to:
- Investment management, the asset classes in which we invest, stock and fund selection, investment styles and the evolution of financial markets.
- ESG and sustainable finance.
- Client service from an investment management perspective.
- Behavioural finance.
- Cognitive diversity.
- Knowledge of XPlan, Sustainalytics, ISS, HOLT, FactSet