Technology is at the heart of most modern organisations. As well as opening a world of opportunities, technology exposes organisations to a variety of risks. We help our clients to identify and manage these risks to protect their stakeholders. As a Manager within our Technology Risk team, you will help our clients identify and manage their technology risks whilst simultaneously gaining skills to develop a career in a fast growing professional services organisation. Working with some of the world's most prestigious Financial Service (FS) organisations you will be an integral part of our Technology Risk team, part of Advisory within EY UK. The opportunity
As a Manager you will be an influential member of our FS Technology Risk team and you will have the opportunity to work on a range of IT Consulting and Assurance projects, including IT External Audit Support (known in EY as FAIT or Financial Audit IT), IT Internal Audit, IT components of Regulatory Reviews and other assurance activities (e.g. client money, Solvency II, IFRS17, Section 166, Service Organisation Controls Reporting), Operational Resilience, Emerging Technology risk, Trust in Robotics Process Automation and controls related work within FS. This portfolio also includes working alongside with our wider Consulting and Assurance colleagues to help clients protect their reputation by mitigating their business, financial reporting and IT risks, on a broad range of topics where design or effectiveness reviews over IT and data controls are required.
We are a market leader across Big-4 with new major audit wins across Financial Services clients, with significant revenue growth projected in 2021. We are also continuing to evolve our capability to innovate and automate which also places us ahead of our competition. We have a clear focus on delivering high-quality, high-profile, multi-discipline, multi-country projects, helping clients solve their most complex IT and data issues with a clear focus on quality. We are part of a single integrated financial services team with over 150 people dedicated in the UK as part of wider FSO EMEIA Technology Risk team consisting of over 500 people, serving some of the largest financial services institutions in the world. Your key responsibilities
An important part of your role as a Manager is to establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You'll help create a positive learning and diverse culture and will coach and counsel junior team members to help them develop. In line with our commitment to quality, you'll also have a key role in ensuring exceptional client service, quality and delivery. At the same time as maintaining strong client relationships and delivering high quality outcomes, you will need to deliver engagements to agreed time and cost budgets. The range of engagements with which our team is involved means that there is a flexible and dynamic team environment providing you with a wealth of opportunities for personal growth and development by working across audit and consulting domains. Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Learning about EY, our clients and their businesses
- Managing excellent client relationships and expectations
- High quality outcomes and deliverables underpinned by a keen attention to detail
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a diverse and collaborative culture
- Helping develop our practice and, once you become one of our more senior Managers, supporting business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts
- Understanding, demonstrating and communicating workplace policies and procedures to all staff
- Getting involved with industry research and client thought leadership
Ideally, you'll also have
- A demonstrable professional experience in managing and delivering complex and global external IT Audit (FAIT) on major Banking, Capital Markets firms/Investment Banks, Asset Managers, and Insurance clients
- Good technical understanding of SOX, J-SOX, and IT audit methodologies
- Hands on experience in managing and delivering IT general controls (ITGC), IT automated controls audit
- Third Party Controls Reporting - SOC1, SOC2, SOC3, ISAE3402, AAF
- Experience with audit analytics and automated control testing
- Assurance over regulatory remediation programmes
- Track record leading and delivering a portfolio of IT external audit clients and to deliver this portfolio to time, cost and high audit quality
- Experience in managing and delivering client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
- Hand on approach to build and maintain excellent relationships across a range of FS clients and other stakeholders.
- Experience within the FS industry and a sound understanding of the FS technology landscape
- Thorough understanding of UK and EMEIA FS regulatory environment
What we are looking for
- Ability to engage with diverse stakeholders and manage cross functional projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
- An eagerness and track record in establishing and leading high-performance teams and supporting and coaching individual team members
- Relevant industry certification such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, CGEIT, ITIL, PMP, PRINCE2 or other specialised IT certifications
You'll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising within the Technology Risk field, so they'll look to you to ask and answer the questions nobody else has asked yet and then develop and execute an effective service. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to build a better working world by helping organisations to identify and manage their technology risks whilst simultaneously gaining skills to develop a career in professional services., this role is for you. What working at EY offers
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications - External About EY
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most experienced and engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexible working environment to handle your role in a way that's right for you
- Defined career paths, investment in formal Learning & Development, career mobility opportunities, and a clear focus on fostering a diverse and inclusive culture.
At EY, our purpose is Building a better working world. The insights and quality services we provide build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. We bring diverse ideas, backgrounds and mindsets together. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now. Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!