Group Audit Manager
Group Audit Manager required for large, well known brand in Liverpool (remote working available). This is a pivotal role for this excellent business and comes at an exciting time for the wider Group.
Our client is a market leader in their sector and has an excellent reputation. The successful candidate will have access to first class development, training and progression opportunities at one of the regions best employers. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious practice or industry trained finance professional looking to work for a dynamic and forward thinking global business. This role will be based in the Liverpool office which operates under a full hybrid working model. The Manchester office is modern and has excellent transport links to the North West Region, however the successful candidate will be be able to work from home for the majority of the working week.
The Group Audit Manager plays a crucial role in managing the lifecycle of the external audit engagement. This role will serve as a key contact and liaison between the business and auditors to oversee and manage the end-to-end audit engagement, ensuring that external audit deliverables are complete and accurate, regulations are adhered to, and the Group reporting timetable is managed and communicated. This role will also work across various stakeholder groups in finance, both internally and externally, to enable efficiency and value adding processes across the finance function's audit lifecycle.
The Group Audit Manager will assist the Group FC to deliver high quality, value adding audit services to Senior Management and Board of Directors. This assurance will be provided in relation to key areas including corporate governance, risk management and internal control over business and operational risks, to support the business deliver an ambitious growth strategy.Key Responsibilities
This role is accountable for managing the lifecycle of external audit engagements, serving as a key contact and liaison between the business and auditors to oversee and manage the end-to-end audit engagement.
Key accountabilities are set out below:
- Manage the overall monthly/quarterly/year end close process by ensuring internal and external deadlines are met and in line with audit standards and regulatory requirements
- Lead the overall month end close management, including the ownership and planning of internal management reporting
- Work with other audit colleagues to manage audit resources, produce required plans, minimise duplication of activities and encourage the sharing of information across teams
- Manage the end-to-end external audit engagement including half year and interim audits
- Liaise with functional teams within Finance (such as accounting analysis, FPN and financial reporting) to prepare and deliver the audit deliverables
- Act as key point of contact/stakeholder for Group audit requirements and encourage open discussion between the groups
- Manage and communicate the reporting timetable as to inform responsible parties and ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Lead on closing all audit findings in a timely manner
- Implement tracking and escalations mechanism to ensure that the actions arising from the audit are carried out and achieve intended results
- Assume ownership and responsible for the preparation of the Audit Committee pack which includes but is not limited to key audit findings / resolution Lead identification, assessment, development and promotion of best practice methods for audit areas and process improvement opportunities associated with the close process
Who are Resourcery Group?
- Degree level qualification or equivalent professional expertise Significant experience in overseeing the Audit and / or close process as well as engaging with external audit teams
- Experience within a large complex commercial organisation
- Customer focussed mindset
- Strong understanding of Finance processes
- Demonstrable ability for research & intelligence gathering
- Excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills
- Demonstrable ability to deal with multiple stakeholders in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to make change happen and deliver results Effective and confident stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills
We are one of the North West's most experienced and well-networked, independent Accounting & Finance, Change and Transformation recruitment consultancies. Resourcery Group
have grown quickly since inception and are now considered as the go-to recruitment partner and trusted adviser by many of the region's leading employers, from owner-managed SMEs and PE-backed business to listed PLCs.
We are sector agnostic, finance specific. A local market expert with national reach. Resourcery Group
specialise in talent identification, attraction, resourcing and retention,
providing our clients with a diverse pool of talent drawn from the Executive, Sub-Executive, Mid-Market and Newly Qualified, Part-Qualified and Transactional markets for Industry & Commerce, Public Sector and Not-for-Profit. Please visit our website
: www.resourcerygroup.com for more information on the business ethos and how we create value as part of the recruitment cycle, complimenting internal talent teams.