The PFA manager is a member of a high performing and mixed rank PFA team led by the Markets Finance Lead The PFAs are part of an extended global PFA network and at the forefront of finance and business policies, tools and best practices to effectively support Client Servers (CS). This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join the PFA team at EY working with senior stakeholders. The opportunity
The PFA manager will be aligned to a SL, teaming with the PBFA and MBA teams in order to meet the needs of the SL. They will have a deep understanding of the SL's financial performance with a strong focus on margin, leveraging their insights to help shape initiatives and strategies that will lead to improved margin performance.
The PFA manager will be an expert in advising PPEDs and their teams which optimizes margin at a pursuit, engagement or portfolio level where there is the complexity and materiality, drawing on strong commercial, financial and consulting skills.
They will also have proven coaching skills to help guide the PFA Supervising Associates (SA) aligned to their SL. Your key responsibilities
- Service Line level Expertise
- Provides business insight related to the Service Line's [engagement level] margin, revenue recognition and inventory performance
- Focuses on scenarios and portfolios that are complex, unique and material in nature
- Works closely with the Service Line MF Lead to shape solutions and/or drive adhoc projects that improve support and advice to CS
Drives continuous improvement
- Teams with the SL's PBFA and MBA teams to foster positive and collaborative relationships, knowledge sharing, agree priorities and shaping of strategies that will improve margin performance
- Works closely with the Service Line MF Lead to shape training strategies to strengthen the team's competencies to ensure exceptional client service to the business
- Works alongside the Service Line MF Lead Coach and the SL PFA SAs through experiential learning and identification of stretch opportunities to help them to achieve their full potential
Skills and attributes for success Strong financial, business and commercial acumen
- Shapes new solutions, implement best practices and processes to optimise the partner's financial performance
- Invests in staying connected with the business in order to share knowledge, collaborate and drive business focus
- Develop and maintain a SL network across the global PFA community to share and develop solutions and best practices
- Stay up to date with the firm's latest policies, processes and tools and proposes recommendations where there is a need
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities
- Proven financial and commercial acumen of advising on complex and/or material scenarios
- Strong knowledge of EY's financial tools and processes
- Ability to synthesize detailed knowledge into focused insights and actionable recommendations
- Robust understanding of financial and commercial drivers and interdependencies
- Analyse and consume significant levels of data to form and communicate a crisp view of margin performance, both historic and forward looking
- Provide financial modelling and advice to support pricing decisions which optimise margin in any given circumstances.
- Ability to assess drivers of complex financial performance at either an engagement or portfolio level which help to pinpoint root causes with outcomes that derive opportunities for improvement
- Drives interactions that quickly builds trust
- Able to tailor their knowledge to the specific needs of the situation they are required to advise on
- Ability to look at issues from a client server perspective, understanding the commercial pressures they face
- Strong awareness of leadership needs and focus to provide effective advice and recommendations to CS
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Presents and communicates clearly, concisely and persuasively through both verbal and presentation skills
- Able to recognize and flex their personal style to influence and collaborate with stakeholders
- Developed and led the implementation of an initiative that has led to improved financial performance
- Focus on how best to enable CS and stakeholders that results in business benefits
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of the firm's and/or SL tools, processes and policies and able to impart this knowledge in an effective manner
To qualify for the role you must have
- Proven leadership and coaching skills
- Flexible to meet changing needs
- Ability to maintain momentum and optimism when facing pressures and setbacks are encountered
- Desire to share knowledge and enhance the skills of less experienced team members
Ideally, you'll also have
- Preference for significant experience in a commercial and/or financial role
- Strong financial acumen with a proven ability to influence commercial drivers of business performance
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to challenge mind sets and status quo with senior stakeholders and maintain resilience at all times
What we look for
- A recognised global accounting qualification
- Experience of shaping and delivering training to junior finance team members
You will be an experienced Trusted Business Advisor with a passion for providing exceptional client service to your stakeholders with the ability to think on your feet to make innovative and informed decisions. What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here . We ask because it matters! If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now.