Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Financial Crime Technology, Senior Manager, you'll help make this happen. That will mean using your technical knowledge and client facing experience and working with our Directors and Partners to help clients from all industries and make strategic, operational and system changes about their businesses. Working for some of the world's most prestigious firms, you will be an integral part of our team. The opportunity
With our support you'll work with a range of regulatory projects within our Financial Crime Technology team. We're currently growing our Financial Crime and Forensics team across all capabilities to help meet increasing demand; this is true of the Financial Crime team as we have a number of large scale projects for some of the world's biggest Banks.
Our engagements typically involve managing multiple stakeholders and require you to give the best advice to our clients using your knowledge and experience to provide the best outcomes.As a Senior Manager you will lead a wide range of projects,drawing on your deep subject matter, project management, technology, analytical and interpersonal skills.You will provide exceptional advisory services in line with EY's professional standards. You will help clients with implementing and improving processes and solutions. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Create innovative and proportionate insights for our financial crime clients, adapting technologies, methods and practices to fit their business needs
- Provide input into the application of regulatory standards and support the development of solutions to resolve complex financial crime risks and issues
- Take responsibility for engagement planning, management, and leading teams in financial crime engagements
- Support bids and proposals for new client opportunities and grow existing valued relationships
- Mentor staff and conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Identify and develop business opportunities
To qualify for the role you must have
- A clear understanding of the strategic implications of regulation
- Being able to effectively implement a variety of regulatory directives
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
- A strong record of working on technology and data-related projects, particularly in scoping, designing, implementing and optimising financial crime solutions
- A strong background in change or transformational projects
- Strong interest and commitment to understanding and developing leading edge Financial Crime Prevention solutions to our industry clients
Ideally, you'll also have
- Functional knowledge of the UK and European financial crime regulatory environment (with knowledge of the global environment an advantage)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Financial Crime / AML and / or sanctions work experience/ professional qualification preferred
- Experience of working with regulatory, law enforcement and industry bodies such as the FCA, NCA, JMLIT, etc.
- Sound technical knowledge of financial products and businesses (e.g. correspondent banking / trade finance) and / or customer-facing activities (e.g. customer outreach)
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of clients and assignments and/or leading major assignments of business and technology advisors through all phases of the compliance solution delivery life cycle, including requirements definition, architecture design, conversion and testing
- Leadership, project management and teamwork skills for delivery of financial crime engagements
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Enthusiasm to be involved in marketing and sales activity, including developing the Financial Crime team
- Enthusiasm for developing financial crime knowledge and particularly in the area of new and emerging risks (e.g. cryptocurrencies)
- Strong academic background, ideally to a degree level or equivalent
- Flexibility to travel and work full-time on assignments, as necessary
What we are looking for
- Great communication skills
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- A natural aptitude to identify and pursue business opportunities
What working at EY offers
- You'll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising within regulatory matters. You will have strong experience of Financial Crime activities and will have been involved in change projects and transformational projects. You will have a solid background in AML and Sanctions and will enjoy workingin a collaborative and teaming environment.
- Experience in any of the following solution areas: AML Transaction Monitoring, KYC & Customer Information Management, Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence, Sanctions, Fraud, Models & Model Validation, FIU & Investigation Support, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Surveillance and Monitoring, Regulatory Reporting, Enterprise Compliance Reporting & Governance, Regulatory Transformation, Vendor Risk
- Experience with the following solution providers is a plus: ComplyAdvantage, Detica, NetReveal, Experian, FircoSoft, Fiserv, IBM, LexisNexis, Oracle Mantas, Nice Actimize, Norkom, Palantir, Pega, Quantexa, RDC, Refinitiv, SAS, Spotfire, SWIFT, Tableau.
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global provider of assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our goal to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. For you this will mean you have greater control over the work you are involved in and you will gain from exceptional training and coaching provided at EY. Feedback is an essential part of what we do and this will be forthcoming in order for you to maximize your potential and be part of a dynamic team. If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.